Friday, December 18, 2015

We come to this day with so much on our list to thank the Lord for. Amen.

 *** Yesterday we were saddened to learn the outlook for our dear Bro. Milton. The cancer is widespread and the experts are saying his home going could be within a few weeks. This brings sadness to our hearts as we think about his family. However, we are so thankful for his testimony of faith and his knowledge that God will be with Him in this final chapter just like He has been with him throughout his life. Fifty-one years ago today the wife and I stood before a young preacher boy, as they called him, Bro. Milton, and we said our vows. As I thought about this man of God the inspired announcement from the Apostle Paul came to mind, "I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith: Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing." (2nd Timothy 4:7-8) Please pray for the family as we deal with this situation. ***


Today is Friday, December 18, 2015. This is a big day on our calendar each year. I'll start with today being the anniversary of the 51st year since the wife and I said "I do." The other evening an African American lady came over to us where I was doing my Santa program. My wife was in civilian clothes but this lady asked her if she was The Mrs. Claus. My wife told her she was and that she often wears her uniform as well. This lady was so very gracious and told us both that we were a perfect match and what a blessing it was to see the joy being spread from our work. I told her we were soon to celebrate our 51st and she immediately pronounced a blessing on us both. Sincere and spontaneous, this lady encapsulated what I feel when I think about the wife that God provided to me. She is remarkable. She makes me better. That is noticed even when she is just there as my driver and supporter. It shows. And, I am so glad that it does. Thanks so much darling for this great adventure because I do know what I'm talking about when I say, "Baby, you're the greatest!

That's our Mitzi on the right with her sister Tina. They are inseparable.
Today is also our Mitzi's birthday. She is the wife of our youngest son Rodney. We thank God for Mitzi and her devotion to her family including our three grandchildren, Kyleigh, Lexie, and Brady. We pray God's blessings on her on this, her special day. Amen. Love, mom and dad.

Today is also our eldest grandson's birthday, Jimmy Don Jr. He is 19 today and we pause to thank God for him. He is the eldest of our middle son Jimmy. This young man has a lot of potential but he's also had quite a few challenges in his life. We pray for him that God would provide a way forward as he seeks to become a productive member of society. Happy Birthday Jimmy and may God continue to lead, guide, and direct your way. Amen. Love, mimi and poppy


Bottom line, we do have so much to be thankful for, and we are. May God continue to take care of our family and to help us all to use the time He has given to us to accomplish His will for our lives. Thanks so much for allowing me this forum to share these blessings. Have a great Saturday and Lord's Day Sunday and with God's help I will check in with you come next Monday. Amen. .....More later.

No comments: