Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Life can be pretty funny, that is, if you take the time to watch it.

Good morning and welcome. It's Wednesday, December 30, 2015. I'm doing my best to get back into a more normal routine. That includes paying attention to my diabetic condition. I was worried about how the holidays may have train wrecked my discipline. Yesterday I stuck that little projectile into my finger, hit that blood droplet with that test strip, and ended up with an early morning fasted reading of 98. Since I heard no other bidders I'm more than happy to take it. Doing the Santa business in a somewhat affluent area, I had a steady stream of requests for the American Girl Doll. Those are somewhat pricey at around $100 plus depending on which one and the accessories. The accessories themselves can be pretty expensive themselves. The folks who have these dolls are serious about them. In January they will be offered a new accessory. A diabetic test kit for the doll. This comes after years of petitioning by those whose children have to use the kit and they wanted their dolls to have the same opportunity. I won't even venture a guess about whether that is over the top or not but if it helps a younger person to deal with diabetes, well, I suppose I can support that any day of the week. And, I am also thankful for that 98 reading. Very thankful indeed! Amen.

The wife and I were driving and listening to a radio program where a lady was talking to a group of ladies at a conference of some sort. It was being aired on the Focus on the Family network. This lady gave her attempt to make a funny. She said the story goes like this: ~ There were three very wise spiritual men attempting to make it to a certain destination. They came upon a rushing river and tried to determine how they might be able to cross. The first man prayed to God and asked that He be with him as he attempted to swim across. He then cast himself into the raging water and though he nearly drowned he did finally make it safely to the other side. The next man asked the Lord to give him the means to cross. Suddenly he spotted a raft and climbed in and with great rigor he finally made it to the other side. The last man cried out to God and asked that He give him wisdom in crossing the river. That man was immediately turned into a woman who looked at a map and spotted a bridge not too much further ahead and she made her way to the bridge and easily to the other side. ~ There was a thunderous uproar of laughter from the crowd. I coyly asked the wife what was the meaning of this little story. She snapped back without hesitation and allowed how that I knew all too well how men are too stubborn to ever ask for directions. Talk about stereotyping! I thought they had laws to protect us from stuff life that.

So here's one that might get the ladies going. ~ A group of ladies at the retirement center were talking and the subject turned to their aches and pains. "My arms are so weak I can hardly lift this cup of coffee," said one. "I know what you mean. My cataracts are so bad I can't even see my coffee," replied another. "I can't turn my head because of the arthritis in my neck," said a third. "My blood pressure pills make me dizzy," another contributed. "I guess that's the price we pay for getting old," winced another. Then there was a short moment of silence. "Thank God we can all still drive," said one woman cheerfully. ~ I think I've seen most of those ladies out on the roadways from time to time. Just having a little fun. That's all folks. Don't take it all so seriously. Just do a little laughing out loud and enjoy your day. Also remember to thank God for all that He provides to us. Amen. ....More later.

No comments: