Thursday, December 3, 2015

"They err who think Santa Claus enters through the chimney. He enters through the heart." ~ Charles W. Howard, (1896-1966), Actor and founder of the CWH Santa Claus School, training Santas for over 80 years

**** Our dear Bro. Milton has begun his evaluation at M D Anderson. While he does require oxygen to assist his breathing, otherwise he is in good spirits and pretty much pain free. The initial testing was completed yesterday and those results are pending. We are so very thankful for the outpouring of love, respect, and the prayers of so many. We know that he and his situation is in God's hands. Amen. ****

My 'what was I thinking?' pose.
Good morning out there, wherever you are. It's good to be able to touch base here on this Thursday, December 3, 2015. I finally made it to see the dermatology doctor. She took one look at my face and said there's an obvious problem here. I told her we knew that but wanted a second opinion. Just messing around. I told her that as a recognized legendary entertainment icon, aka Santa Claus, I needed to take care of some of these age spots. She looked at my Santa business card, looked at me, and said there's only one problem with this card. I asked what she thought was wrong. She said there's no number on it so she could get in touch with Santa and Mrs. Claus. I told her the number would not help because we are booked solid and in addition to that we do not make house calls. We just haven't ventured into the private visit or party scene. At any rate, she did find one spot that was precancerous and she said she could freeze it and the other cosmetic blemishes which should take care of them. I will have to postpone this procedure until after the first of the year. Meanwhile, I will continue to use make up. The kind that cover up these brown spots. If I don't get that work done soon I will need a paint roller. You ladies know what I am talking about. The late Dr. Adrian Rogers said he was often asked his opinion about women using makeup. He said it made sense to him since every old barn needs a new paint job now and then.

One phone call away. That's right. We never know what that call might bring. That's how we felt when we received the call about our dear Bro. Milton the other day. I well remember that call I received to inform us that my baby sister Kayla had been diagnosed with terminal leukemia. I also remember when they called about my grandfather, my grandmother, and I could go on and on and on. To not think about the uncertainties in life is to ignore the reality of what it means to breathe air in a fallen world. In spite of this I do have some really good news. Knowing God gives us the ability to make it one day at a time and to live a life of victory because of His grace, mercy, and love. During these times of dealing with unexpected challenges in life I've heard a common refrain over and over again. "How in the world do people who do not know the Lord make it?" They have no choice. They just tough it out. Believe me, I very much understand that sentiment on the part of believers because He is faithful and we can always count on Him no matter what the next phone call brings. I thank Him for His presence in my life. Amen.

People can be real funny. And strange. For those who think that every child I have contact with loves Santa, think again. The other day this lady was very unhappy with the fact that her little boy just wanted nothing to do with Santa. He was doing what we used to call back home: pitching himself one big ole fit. She couldn't figure out what was wrong. Finally she looked at me and said, "I can't understand this. He did so well with you when he was nine days old." Let's try to break that down. He is now two. At nine days he would have been like, an infant. Right? Unless an infant is feeling poorly they usually don't mind sitting with Santa. Period. I've never been one to embrace concepts like the terrible twos because where I come from we had something worse. It was called the terrible belt. I know. Discipline today has been renamed: Child Abuse. At any rate, that little boy may have changed my mind about a two year old being terrible because he was. Just another day at the office. Nothing more than that. We did get a photo of him kicking and screaming. I forgot to check to see if I had any bruises. They told his mom that one day they will look back at that photo and laugh. They might. I won't. Just so you know. Have a great day and may God bless is my prayer. Amen. ....More later.

No comments: