Thursday, July 2, 2015

"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle." ~ Abraham Lincoln

I've got you covered. It's Thursday, July 2, 2015, and I'm just relaxing for a moment as I contemplate that added leap second. The powers that be added a second to our master clocks last Tuesday at just after midnight. Now don't try to tell me you didn't even notice. You have an entire second to feel good about. They do this adjustment due to the rotation of the earth slowing down over time and this is to synchronize the solar measurements. There are some scientists that loudly disagree with this adjustment practice. They believe there's a disconnect between time itself and the measurement of time. They see this as tampering and believe it will eventually catch up with us in one way or another. I suppose it's a timing issue. Sorry. I couldn't resist. I started to say my bad but I hate it when people say my bad so I decided not to use it. No. I have not made any plans yet for how I will spend my extra second. I worry about how much time to devote to it. Okay. I'll leave it alone. For now. But if you happen to find yourself saying 'wait a second', don't say I didn't try to give you the correct information.

You may not have noticed how the world in general is in chaos. It really is. The nation of Greece has defaulted on the current payment on their huge debt. That debt has kept them going over the past several years. They want those who lend them money to give them more but also to relax their requirements for repayment. The creditors say no. Greece spent years piling up monetary commitments they could not keep. They are a part of the European Union (EU) and they use as their currency the Euro. If they continue on their current path they may leave the Union and revert back to their previous national currency. That could cause havoc in the financial markets. Chaos. The United Kingdom is on a path to allow their people to vote in a referendum as to whether they will stay or leave the European Union. The people in the UK see them paying the way for the other countries with little benefit in return. The EU meanwhile steps all over the sovereignty of the nations who are members. (Here's a scary truth: The EU does have a President who is in charge.) Just last week they issued a warning to the UK that too many of their female citizens are choosing to stay home with their families instead of working. Their concern is the economic impact to the total revenues of the EU. See what I mean? Chaos. Here's something to think about and it comes from the lips of our Savior, "But when these things begin to take place, straighten up and lift up your heads, because your redemption is drawing near." (Luke 21:28)

I know some folks who wrap all these events into specific Bible prophetic passages. I may not be able to do that but I do know this. Those prophetic passages that are yet to take place will take place. We have God's word on it. My way of looking at it says there will always be developing events, projects, and determinations that will move us towards the fulfillment of the return of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. The European Union may not be the world organization that the anti-Christ will head but it does show as an example the basic unification that is a part of the end times as given to us in the Scriptures. We need to live with our eyes open and our hearts lifted up to our God. The persuasion today is to try and remake our nation so that it will be more like the other nations of the world. While that's not surprising, it is a chilling prospect. It reminds me of that time in Israel's history when the people rejected God's direct leadership through His appointed Prophet and Judge Samuel. Here's how it played out: But the people refused to listen to Samuel. “No!” they said. “We want a king over us. Then we will be like all the other nations, with a king to lead us and to go out before us and fight our battles.” When Samuel heard all that the people said, he repeated it before the Lord. The Lord answered, “Listen to them and give them a king.” (1 Samuel 8: 19-22) That should give us all something to think and pray about. Amen.      .....More later.

No comments: