Wednesday, July 29, 2015

"Money has never made man happy, nor will it, there is nothing in its nature to produce happiness. The more of it one has the more one wants." Benjamin Franklin

Hello Americans and welcome to where you get to participate in the hashing out of all things consequential or not consequential, but, we do try to include a fairly broad sweep of topics for consideration. It's Wednesday, July 29, 2015, and it's good to have you on board for today's ride. There's a whole lot of stuff that needs fixing in this old world. They're pretty sure that lady folks suffer from claustrophobia more than men. That can't be right. Maybe they can figure out a way for men to experience it more often to level the playing field. That would make it more fair. Over in the United Kingdom they've discovered that kids with lots of money who are not that bright have a much easier time of it compared to some who are exceptionally smart but are poor. I'm not trying to be a smart aleck but don't you think that you or I could have figured that one out? I can also tell them that based on what I've observed during my time here on the planet is how that particular distinction will hang on as life moves forward. Those with contacts and resources will typically have some advantage over others who are less able to have the same. Not always. But as a general rule life does pretty much unfold that way. What's that you said? Maybe I should send them my contact information? They wouldn't really care about anything I have to say but that's a nice thought. Thank you very much. It may not have been meant as a compliment? Oh. I see. Thanks anyway.

Another area that is of concern has to do with the disproportionate influence this universal selfie craze seems to have on ladies as compared to men. Researchers say they are in the early stages of studying this cultural iconic behavior but thus far they think it may cause ladies to worry about their clothing choices, their hair, their makeup, and the number of times they have to change up everything. It's still early but they think this may be having an unbalanced impact on the female sex. Those little smart phones now take studio quality photos and those sending out pictures of themselves, well, they have to make themselves presentable if they are going to circulate those photos. I'm still trying to process this one. You have the device. It has capabilities. All your friends use those capabilities, therefore, I suppose there's this great powerful influence that causes young ladies to have to respond by sending out photos of themselves. I know guys do it too. But according to this study the young ladies are the ones who are being manipulated. Maybe they should force the technology companies to come up with apps that will make any photo taken to immediately cause the subject to look like a super model, regardless of how they look or what they are wearing. Just a thought. I don't think I can get a patent on it but I'm just trying to help solve some of these great divisive issues. I do what I can folks. I do what I can.

Yes. I do know this is not a laughing matter for those who become addicted to this kind of unhealthy behavior. However, I'm not sure what government involvement could do to curb or correct these kinds of problems. I'm sure studying all of this and publishing reports keeps a lot of bureaucrats gainfully employed, therefore, we might as well get ready for more of the same. Maybe the parents could do something. Wow! That's a novel concept. I would think that to be the best solution to many of the issues of our day. But, anyone my age are ruled ineligible to contribute to the conversation because essentially we are past it, so to speak. You do know what I'm talking about. It's like: You've had your turn now get off the stage. I don't know about you but I've felt that sentiment many times. When I was growing up the older folks were looked up to because there was a respect for their age, experience, and wisdom. Today we are often made to feel like we just don't get it. To be honest, there's plenty of times when I'm okay with me not getting it. I know this is not how God intended it to be. Don't believe me, check it out for yourself. Here's an example: "You shall rise up before the grayheaded and honor the aged, and you shall revere your God; I am the LORD." (Leviticus 19:32) Take care. Have a wonderful day and may God add His blessings to it. Amen. ....More later.

No comments: