Monday, July 20, 2015

"No one knows when a robot will approach human intelligence, but I suspect it will be late in the 21st century. Will they be dangerous? Possibly. So I suggest we put a chip in their brain to shut them off if they have murderous thoughts." ~ Michio Kaku, American Physicist

Today is Monday, July 20, 2015. Hello folks. It's me again. The real me. I've not considered having a robot write my blogs for me. Not yet. Don't laugh. They just had one that passed what they called a self awareness test. You know, like a human would take. And, specially designed units will soon be picking the fruits and vegetables that end up on our tables. Robots. One big reason some people support folks coming into our country is so they can do jobs like those on farms. I guess an army of robots will be cheaper. What will become of all the folks who make their living doing that type of work? Good question. Don't get to feeling so comfortable with what you do because many other jobs are also being considered. Sounds like a science fiction movie? Believe me, we are living it and it's not make believe. Some futurists are concerned about how this will play out over time. A few are predicting an eventual near take over of life by these electronic programmable clone inventions. To our knowledge we haven't had any packages delivered to our house by a flying robotic machine like a drone but they are being tested. Why would they use drones? Trucks, drivers, handling time, delays, and a whole host of other considerations likely make flying little machines around a whole lot cheaper. It may not work exactly like it does in an episode of The Jetsons but it certainly will be different. Again, what are all these people who are currently employed going to be doing? And, what kinds of jobs will be available for those coming of age? There's only so many humans required to maintain the vast hoards of robotic workers who will be doing the work. I thought if you have run out of stuff to be concerned about you could spend some time thinking about this one.

I still believe in a capitalistic profit motivated system. I do not believe in one that has lost any and all respect for fairness and morality. In my more than 50 years of being a part of the labor pool here in our great nation I've seen this system at work up close and personal. I've seen it work well with growth and prosperity as its outcome. I've seen it at its worst where people were hardly even considered to be human beings. Instead of accepting this model regardless of how it is pursued as our only hope, we need to look seriously at what God has to say about how business should be conducted, how people should be treated, and the implications of not doing it His way. God is not against people making a profit. God is not against people having wealth. God's instructions for His created human family include rules of conduct for management and for workers. Believe me, I am well aware this is a foreign if not laughable concept for most of those involved in the business enterprise of today. I will say this about that. If those of us who are called by His name would begin to practice these God given instructions it would radically change the environment we currently live in. Just believers, those who own businesses, manage for others, are those who are worker bees, if we would begin to function based on thus says the word of the Lord it would be amazing. Something for us all, including yours truly, to think about. Amen.

The wife came home. She brought her sister with her. We are having a wonderful time of us all being together. I always try to keep stuff straight at the house when the wife is gone. Try. This time I had to be even more careful because I knew we would have a guest when she returned. I did my best to do my duty. You know. Cleaning up after myself. What? Shouldn't I be doing that all the time anyway? What is with you people? I didn't show up for a round of heckling on a Monday morning. But it does impact the way you do things. Each activity requires a decision tree. Let me see, if I do that it will require a plate and eating utensils and maybe even a pot. Then you have the clean up and the putting away of the evidence. In essence, I had to answer this pertinent question: If I do this what will be involved in making it appear that it didn't even happen? At times it meant not doing it at all, (lunch meat and bread will work), because the effort to clean up was not worth the investment of my time. You really do think my life is an easy one. I can tell. At any rate, I am so glad they are able to enjoy their time together. The plants all survived. The house passed inspection. God is good. All the time. That's one thing we all can count on. Enjoy. And, may He add His blessings as we continue our journey here. Amen.   .....More later.

No comments: