Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Jesus speaking: But He replied to them, "When it is evening, you say, 'It will be fair weather, for the sky is red.' "And in the morning, 'There will be a storm today, for the sky is red and threatening.' Do you know how to discern the appearance of the sky, but cannot discern the signs of the times? ~ Matthew 16:2-3

Hello one and all. It's Wednesday, July 22, 2015, and I bid you welcome. I know some might have thought yesterday's sermon on us living in the end times was way over the top. I use the word sermon loosely. It was actually mostly just sharing what God has to say about it. The speed of light metaphor I used was of particular importance because of some very recent events. I'll not deal with all of them but one in particular speaks to the degradation we are experiencing and the lack of any sense of morality on the part of our collective national conscience. I'm talking about the taped conversation with one of the leading abortionists in our country. This lady who is also a doctor was explaining the process they undergo as they harvest body parts of aborted babies for resell. She went into great detail how careful they are not to damage the high demand organs. They use the latest technology to guide the abortionist's hands. That same technology has been long fought by the baby killing crowd as they have tried to keep states from showing the prospective mom what the child looks like in her womb. Instead they use that technology to carefully kill the baby without damaging the high value parts. She was drinking wine the whole time this conversation was going on. The overwhelming response on the part of our liberal news media has been to blame the people who taped this discussion. Get it? They will not even discuss the facts of what evil was bantered around by this highly esteemed officer of Planned Parenthood. It doesn't get much more shameful than that! I did see one liberal voice at the Washington Post speak out and he said he was worried that this approach to harvesting body parts could lead to a further deterioration in the value of human life. You think? I say this lady's flippant attitude about the killing of unborn babies and the selling of their organs is a remarkable sign of the times we are living in. You draw your own conclusions. I'm fairly certain one can still do that. I may have to check and get back to you on that one.

Raised on a farm, they know how to cook it up homestyle!
Okay. I will rest my case. For now. I'm not attempting to be an alarmist folks but who would have ever thought these things could become a normal part of a business enterprise in our one nation under God? One good thing that has happened as a result of my sister-in-law coming to visit has been the outstanding meals we've been enjoying. That reminds me. Does anyone know where I misplaced my blood sugar monitoring device? You know I'm joking. Right? The Rawles twins brought back with them from Louisiana a treasure trove of fresh produce. They also brought back a large ice chest of stuff out of my mom's freezer. I'm sure there's no theological background for the hog-heaven metaphor, but, I will tell you the intended effect of that saying has been well exercised over the past several days. I'm not going to share all the different menus but needless to say Mom and Dad Rawles handed over some mighty fine cooks to their sons-in-law. They also gave us women of faith and character. Good job to them and may God bless their memory. I think my diabetes doctor would also thank them for the business. Now, you do know I'm kidding on that one. Right?

I think I see a hand in the back. Yes. May I help you? You have a question? Why does it seem like I always find someone to blame for my problems? Okay. Was that question for me? Good. You folks always want to bring up the personal responsibility angle so let me just say this. I take full responsibility for sharing the truth as I know it including giving credit to those who have helped me to achieve the status I now enjoy. I'll leave it there. Okay. What now? You don't think what? You don't think that makes any sense. Good. Now you are catching on. Try to get in your mind that tune it's my party and I'll cry if I want to and then substitute it's my blog and it is what it is. I didn't say it would work very well. You do know I'm just having a little fun. One thing we can do as we consider all that God has done, is doing, and what He will do in the future, is to respond to Him with a heart filled with adoration, gratitude, and humble worship. That will be a good prescription for us all. Amen.   ....More later.

No comments: