Friday, July 17, 2015

"So much of left-wing thought is a kind of playing with fire by people who don't even know that fire is hot." ~ George Orwell

Good morning folks and welcome. It's going to be a good day. Not because it's Friday, July 17, 2015, but, if all goes well we might just bust the 100 degree mark today. (The feels like was 107 yesterday just one degree from the issuance of a heat advisory.) It's about time if you ask me. All that messing around with cooler temps and rain. It almost had us thinking we were going to have a milder than expected summer. Well, excuse me! I apologized to our A/C system for making it work so hard especially as old as it is. If I listen closely I hear it groaning at times. I can understand. Car out in the sun for hours. Get in and get ready. The steering wheel is literally too hot to touch. Ouch! For those of you who love hot weather, I do hope you are satisfied. The car air conditioning system is also overwhelmed. It takes some time for traveling in it to become bearable. I was thinking the other day about how much of all of this discomfort reflects our mindset. We grew up without air conditioning. I can't remember ever hearing anything on the news about some kind of heat alert. Now most of us have come to believe we will expire almost immediately if we go for seconds without that cooled air blowing on us. I'm not sure what we knew about it when I was a kid but I do know it wasn't on our radar screen so we didn't give it a second thought. Global warming? Oh yeah. That's probably why we all have become such wimps. It's as good of an excuse as any I suppose.

I know. I know. Some of you think I've waited since last summer to complain about the heat. Duh! I may not have done that well in science but I do believe that's the way it works. The deal announced with the country of Iran has some people really happy. It might not be worth the paper it's written on in terms of limiting their nuclear ambitions but the sanctions are going to be lifted, therefore, they can start pumping vast amounts of oil into the market. Hip hip hooray! They just might blow half the middle east off the face of the earth but gasoline may stay lower because of their volume. Sure. I'm being sarcastic. That's what I do a lot of. Okay. Here's my simple way of looking at it. They are without equivocation the recognized largest sponsor of terror groups around the world. So. Let's give them an infusion of billions of dollars so they can use it for ...... humanitarian purposes. They've never used any of their resources on that before but I'm sure they will start now. Right? Too cynical? You betcha! While our folks are toasting each other for this grand achievement the people in Iran are in the streets shouting death to America and burning effigies of our President. I think I may have figured out something. They said they would bring change and they have. Up is now down. Down is now up. Therefore, we may well find ourselves upside down!

I have to get that stuff out of my system now and then. You wouldn't won't to read about me being one of those strange cases of spontaneous combustion. Don't laugh. There's quite a bit of research and forensic studies that have been devoted to a field of inquiry dealing with spontaneous human combustion. They don't have any firm answers as to why a small number of people literally explode from the inside out for no apparent reason but they do have many hypotheses. I read some about it and it gave me a headache. You can Google it and read it for yourself. There is a fairly long article on Wiki. Here's a clue: One of the common denominators over the years in many reported incidents was the amount of alcohol found in those studied. Maybe that's why they call it fire water. Just joking. It can be hard at times to extricate myself from the web of nonsensical thought I have woven. When that happens it is best to say so long for now. Enjoy your Saturday. Do your best to show up at the meeting place where folks gather together to seek to honor God on Sunday. That will do us all some good. Amen. .......More later.

No comments: