Wednesday, February 11, 2015

"If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?" ~ Albert Einstein

What day is it? I just threw that in on behalf of that camel on the commercial. He couldn't be with me today. Hello once again and welcome. It's Wednesday, February 11, 2015. I have a friend whose mom is dealing with the advancement of diabetes as it wreaks havoc in her body. Now on dialysis three times a week she finds herself dealing with complications galore. This situation and others like it resonate with me because I am a diabetic. I do a lot of reading about the research going on that's focused on this worldwide epidemic. There are some really promising research underway. There's one in particular that has shown great results in early studies in Great Britain. It is a synthetic probiotic that deals with the blood glucose issues before the pancreas becomes involved. It has shown itself to be effective in both Type 1 and Type 2 simulations. The hold back? It's all been done so far in lab rats. However, human testing is to begin soon. I, for one, am thankful that God has given to us those who have the training and acumen to pursue these types of potential remedies. Meanwhile, I do have a small victory to report. For the first time since starting treatment I recently posted five consecutive below 100 readings on my fasted blood sugars. It would be really good if I had a clue as to why, but, that does not keep me from being thankful. Amen.

For those who are not impacted by this disease, you most likely don't connect into that paragraph so well. That's okay. You are likely dealing with stuff that I know very little about. I think that's more or less how it works. Sadly, with the number of folks being diagnosed with diabetes increasing each year at an alarming rate, I fear that most of us will know something about it all too soon. Those Bluetooth ear pieces make talking on the phone easy. There's also voice activated units that allow hands free driving as well. I saw an older lady the other day driving and she was talking to beat the band. The thought came to me that maybe she was talking to herself. But, because of all these technology tools, who would know? I do quite a bit of rehearsing as I drive around. Sometimes I am working on a song and at other times I'm working on a lesson of some kind. Folks look at me and most likely think I might be older but I am fully engaged with the latest and greatest technological innovations. They go home and tell their kids about seeing a senior citizen on top of the technology game. Who knew? I didn't.

I heard some teenaged boys at our local Church talking about some of the sights they have witnessed when they were at the big box store. Observing people and situations at this particular store chain has become almost like a national sport. With the amount of traffic they experience each day at each location, it's no wonder that some interesting folks patronize their establishment. I am in the store closest to us usually at least once a week and I can attest to the fact that you often do see some memorable sights. Let me be clear that I also know I could be the person someone spots and could become the person of interest to someone observing me. The other day I was there and I saw a fellow who was busy getting his stuff. He was very focused on the task at hand. He had a full page of items. When he located one, he would literally snatch it off the shelf, slam it into the basket and then he almost angrily attacked the list with his pen to cross it off. He was definitely a man on a mission. He didn't tarry. Once he found one item he literally ran looking for the next one on his list. He looked like maybe he was an accountant, but then again, what does an accountant look like? Maybe he had been sent to the store against his will. Hey, it could happen. It may have happened to me before. I can't be sure, but it's possible. Have a good rest of the day and I'll try to come with something for tomorrow morning. May God bless each one. Amen. ....More later.

No comments: