Tuesday, February 17, 2015

"History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon." ~ Napoleon Bonaparte

Hello friends and neighbors, it's good to have you along for the ride on this Tuesday, February 17, 2015. Since yesterday was a Federal holiday, I had a really good commute into work. That's a joke. There's only a few of us nut jobs headed for work and out on the road at 3:45 a.m., on any day, holidays included. The afternoon trip home was probably helped since the schools were out but it was pretty much a regular day here at the ole blogger ranch. Yesterday celebrated our history. I took one of those online 8th grade American history tests. It had thirty questions and said that over 90% of those taking the test fail it. It had some pretty hard questions. I missed four. According to them, that put me in the tip top of those who take it. One of my misses was just a dumb oversight. The other three I missed were very obscure, (to me), and all I could do was guess. I can take that test result and put $3, (or is $4 now?), with it and buy myself a cup of that stuff they call coffee down at that place that everyone seems to want to be seen with one of their cups. Not me. I know. Different strokes and all of that, but, I must tell you that when it comes to the stuff they peddle, I just don't get it. Sorry. But, I don't. I mean it. I really don't!

I'm not incriminating those who patronize that store or any other as for as I am concerned. It just seems to me, but, I think you have my thoughts about it pretty much understood, and as always, I may not be right, but I am always unanimous in my own opinion, and from where I sit, you know, the view from here, I'm never wrong. That's a joke so please don't send me a note about the dangers of arrogance. Speaking of which, while the President's seemingly out of place comments at the recent National Prayer Breakfast about the Crusades, the Inquisition, and slavery all got a whole lot of attention, he had some other things to say that kind of fell under the radar. He did a little lecture on being humble and the need for humility on the part of those wielding power. That, my friend, is a reach. Not that we all are not in need of humility, but, this President should really think about how that he might want to think about practicing what he preaches. Even his closest associates have spoken about his overwhelming sense of self importance, his thin skin, and his arrogant spirit. That's why his thoughts on the subject of humility did ring quite hollow. I thought I would pass that on, just in case you missed it. They now have an acronym for that: ICYMI. (In Case You Missed It)

I read the other day that 450 people in our country die each year from falling out of bed.  This got me to thinking. I know. That's always a worrisome situation. I did a little research and I will put these in the category of Did You Know? ~ A man was killed by a canon ball fired in his honor. (1794) ~ A lawyer accidentally shot and killed himself in court while demonstrating with a pistol how the alleged victim may have accidentally killed himself. (1871) ~ People died by drowning in molasses after a factory explosion. (1919) ~ A beautiful lady riding in a car died when her long scarf came loose and got tangled in a moving tire on the automobile, breaking her neck. (1927) ~ A man collapsed and died from a massive heart attack and stroke just after reading his own obituary that had been published by mistake. (1940) ~ A rock singer was killed when he was electrocuted onstage by a faulty microphone. (1970) ~ A man laughed himself to death while watching a British TV comedy. (1975) ~ Two different young men collapsed and died after going berserk after setting the high score on a video game. (1981, 1982) ~ A man ran against a glass window in a high rise to prove that it would not break. It didn't. But it popped out and he fell to his death. ~ That was just a sampling of those I read about but I will save you any further morbid contemplation. It just goes to show you there's a lot of different ways to go, but only one way to go to be with the God who loved us enough to send His one and only Son to die on the Cross that we might be saved, eternally. That way is to simply put your faith and trust in the Lord Jesus Christ. Amen. That was thrown in to try and salvage something positive from our visit today. Take care and Lord willing I will see you next time.   .....More later.

No comments: