Friday, February 20, 2015

Happy Birthday Brittany!

It's Friday, February 20, 2015. I missed any comments on last Friday regarding the fact that it was the 13th. I did hear a number of thoughts about it being bad luck and all of that. Since we know that's all a bunch of nonsense, we move on, knowing that God is our Provider, each and every day. But, it is good to have this time together, and I do hope you and yours are well. Tomorrow we celebrate another grandchild birthday. It is our Brittany's 24th and we thank God for her. She is a hard worker and a take charge person. We used to have all these kids in and out of our house and now they are mostly out, but, never out of our hearts, and our prayers. Happy Birthday Brittany and may God add His blessings to your special day. Amen. Love, MiMi and Poppy.

Another Mardi Gras has come and gone. I'm glad I didn't have attending as one of those things on my bucket list. Oh, that's right. I don't have a bucket list, but if I did have one, it would not have been on it. No. I am not against folks having a list of things they want to experience before they kick the proverbial bucket. If having one floats your boat, then I say go for it. I suppose I am more locked into being able to get up and go everyday, trying to stay focused on God and His working in my life, enjoying time with my wife and family, preparing Bible lessons, experiencing a good night's sleep, having a reasonable blood sugar number, enjoying our extended family of believers, and, writing a good blog now and then. Too short term? Well, I can remember many years ago telling some of the guys that worked for me who were moving way too slow that they should carry a mirror in their pocket and take it out and blow on it every once in a while to see if they were still alive. As best I recall, that little suggestion was not universally appreciated. Maybe I need to do the same thing for myself, however, in the meantime, those things I mentioned above are keeping me quite occupied. But, thanks for asking, anyway.

You think what? That I must love to be contrary? That's not the first time I've heard that one. I suppose we all have to be good at something. You do know that I am kidding. Right? We are all unique. Different. One unattributed saying goes like this: "God broke the mold after He made you. Your DNA is unique. Your thumbprint is distinct. You were born as an original; don't die as a copy." While that is true for every individual, I am constantly aware of the calling on my life to be mirroring Christ in my day by day living. The Apostle Paul was inspired to write this to the local community of faith meeting in Rome, Italy: "And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God." (Romans 12:2, New King James Version (NKJV)) That, my friend, will fill up a whole bunch of my To Do lists from now until that time you hear me singing the old Southern Gospel classic: "Goodbye World Goodbye." Enough said, but that doesn't mean I won't be back, Lord willing, of course. Take care, enjoy your Saturday and Lord's Day Sunday and may He bless us all is my prayer. Amen. ...More later.

No comments: