Friday, February 27, 2015

Happy Birthday to our baby boy, Rodney Darrell!

Today is a special day for us. It's Friday, February 27, 2015, and we are thinking about and thanking God for our youngest, Rodney Darrell, born 44 years ago today. I chose that particular frame because he has become somewhat of a devoted outdoorsman over the past several years. He is an avid hunter and also enjoys fishing. He includes the kids in his outdoor activities. He's also the all around sports dad for his children in their athletic endeavors. He and his wife Mitzi are busy people. Much of their time is spent doing their best to groom and develop the children God has given to them: Kyleigh, in college, Lexie, in middle school, and Brady Darrell, in elementary. Happy Birthday son and may God continue to bless is our prayer. Love, mom and dad.

As for all that political stuff from yesterday, I didn't mention the fact that you have every right to come to your own conclusion. I am close to people who see some of the same things I see but they interpret them differently. I'm not going to disconnect from them because we don't agree on everything, even if they are about as wrong as they can be. It's a joke folks. Don't get all huffy. And, by the way, we all can be wrong at times. I certainly don't see things today as the world looked to me, based on the environment I was in, as a child and youngster growing up. I read this interesting quote: "Because today we live in a society in which spurious realities are manufactured by the media, by governments, by big corporations, by religious groups, political groups... So I ask, in my writing, What is real? Because unceasingly we are bombarded with pseudo-realities manufactured by very sophisticated people using very sophisticated electronic mechanisms. I do not distrust their motives; I distrust their power. They have a lot of it. And it is an astonishing power: that of creating whole universes, universes of the mind. I ought to know. I do the same thing."  (Philip K. Dick, (1928-1982), American writer, essayist, and philosopher)

So, what can we do about it? As always there is a source of truth that we can always depend on. God and His word. Everything else is iffy at best, including our own thoughts and interpretations. This has been some week. Busy. I try always to be thankful for being able to actively participate in a busy week. With all the technological prowess at our finger tips that supposedly saves us so much time, why in the world do we end up being so frazzled? Me thinks maybe the labor saving gizmos may not be so effective in the labor saving arena. They give us added capabilities that end up adding to our schedule. But, that would just be my gut check view of how it may be working. Whatever our situation, if we are too busy for taking time to visit with our Lord, we are just too busy, period, end of story. Therefore, I do hope you will have a wonderful Saturday and Lord's Day Sunday, and if all goes according to plan I will try to be in my place, once again, come Monday morning. May God bless us all is my prayer. Amen.  ....More later.

No comments: