Monday, July 7, 2014

"You have to accept the fact that sometimes you are the pigeon, and sometimes you are the statue." ~ Claude Chabrol, French film director, (1930-2010)

Hello friends and neighbors and welcome back. I do hope you enjoyed the 4th of July holiday weekend. We had a quiet and restful time of it ourselves. It's now time to get back to our rat killing here on our regular work day on this Monday, July 7, 2014. My wife returned last Thursday for a brief visit in our home. She has now left Sunday afternoon for a week as a sponsor at teen camp in Arkansas. She will return next Saturday, be here for a few days, and then she and some 21 others from our Church will be leaving for a mission trip to Del Rio. Her sister is coming from Louisiana to be a part of that outreach. That's a lot of time for me to fret over those plants she is so proud of. She had not originally intended on doing the teen trip but another at the last minute they begged and begged her to go with them. They actually asked me first. The lady who asked me said she had been told that it would be best to consult and get my permission first. Hello? My only concern is for her well being because I know how demanding and strenuous the camp schedule can be. She said if it is something she can do to serve the Lord and the campers then she knows He will give her the strength. I am praying they have a great week and that many lives will be changed for time and eternity. Amen.

Here's a mystery for you. I was in this huge parking lot. I noticed a number of pigeons here and there. But, there was this one vehicle covered with pigeons, maybe 100 of them. It was an older model Dodge Caravan, silver in color. They were on the top. Underneath. On the hood. On the widow ledges. It was odd looking and trending towards being eerie. It made me wonder why that car. Was there something on it OR maybe something in it? They have security dudes that run around in those golf carts. You know those guys. Come to think about it, they may have not even noticed. After I got back to my computer I tried to find out why they would have been ganged up on that one vehicle. Google couldn't come up with an explanation. In my searching I did find out that statistically birds poop on red cars more than any other color. I didn't read the rest of it to learn if they know why. Strange. All on that car. Maybe they were having a special called meeting but there were hundreds of other vehicles to choose from. Makes one wonder as in 'inquiring minds want to know'.  I suppose that will have to be filed in my unsolved mysteries file. For now. I'll keep you posted.

One day last week I heard the guys here talking about the looming deadline for claiming the Lotto jackpot was about to expire. A total of $12 million was waiting for the winner. All they had to do was show up with their winning ticket. It got me a little stirred up. I searched around my desk and looked through my wallet but then I remembered that you have to have purchased a lotto ticket in order to be eligible. You do know I am kidding. Right? Last week the 6 month time period did expire and there was no winner. The gas station operator still got their share, some $121 thousand. The Lotto folks expressed great sadness that someone had lost out in this way. The spokesperson said they may have accidentally discarded the ticket and may not even know they had won. They most likely didn't know? You think? It's like a guy I talked to the other day. I had driven through a rainstorm so bad that all one could do was to follow these little tiny tail-lights in front of them. That's literally all that could be seen. When I came into his business the fellow said I had been so lucky to have gotten there just at the right time because the rain had stopped. After 45 minutes of sheer blind driving I was in no mood to thank him for him telling me how I had missed the rain. Maybe he thought I had dropped from the sky or something. But, when it's all said and done, I didn't buy a lotto ticket, therefore, I didn't lose a lotto ticket, and that makes it clear that I also didn't know that I had not won. I hope this clears it all up. I'll work on it. It may be those pigeons that got me a little confused. But here's something you can do: Go out there and have yourself a blessed and productive day. May God bless each one. Amen.  ....More later.

No comments: