Thursday, July 10, 2014

"Four things never that can never come back..... The words you have spoken, the time you have wasted, the past life, and the neglected opportunity! So think twice and act wisely so the word regret doesn’t play a factor in your life! Live, Love, and Laugh!" ~ Uncle Si Robertson

Okay. Let's see if we can get this day kicked off. Best I can tell, it will be Thursday, July 10, 2014, for the remaining hours up until one tick past midnight tonight. I didn't say I had breaking news, and, yes, I did know that you knew that already. It's called a lead in. A way to get the conversation going. Help me a little here. I cannot tell you if I have ever heard even one song by Justin Bieber. Like that 100 year old lady in the interview, I do know about him, that he is a teen idol, and according to the headlines he moves from one set of bad choices to the next. I've said that so that I can share a little story I read that I thought was pretty funny. A young woman was lamenting all the JB haters who just will not give him a break. She shared how that he had actually saved her life. She had been in a coma for six months after an accident when one of her friends turned on the radio in her room and tuned it to him singing. She immediately woke up, got up out of her bed and went and turned the radio off. See? The boy has done some good. What? You still don't get the joke? The good news is that you still have the rest of the day to work on it. For me, well, I think I will just mosey on down the road to see what else I can dig up.

There are some things you pick up in passing that really does cause you to stop and think. Chilling might be a better description. One little comment. Almost in passing. Recently I was driving down the road listening to a news reporter interviewing a former ambassador to Israel with regards to the recent escalation of violence following the murder of three Israeli teens and the reported retailitory killing of one Palestinian teen. Things appear to be spiraling out of control. The former ambassador said it was difficult to see what could be done especially since we have for the most part given up our influence in the region. We've done what? How could we have lost a handle on just about every area of the world in such a short time? Some believe it is intentional. Others say it's due to a glaring lack of competence. I am not certain what it is but I am very sure that it is not good for the world and certainly not good for our country going forward. Allowing chaos to be the order of the day throughout the world could very well lead to consequences that, without a lot of exaggeration, could be of Biblical proportions. And, that just might be an explanation worth considering.

The former ambassador was not making a big deal out of that passing comment, just stating a fact, but, here I am, pretty much a nobody driving down the road, and I get it. I suppose there are enough isolationists out there to think maybe a no influence policy is good. History tells us otherwise. And, I doubt seriously these same folks will feel the same way when things escalate from crumbling to collapse. It will impact us in just about every way one might think of. Eventually it hits that one area that all Americans hold dear, our wallets. But, enough of my armchair, or in this case, my truck seat analysis. You don't have to work for a news organization to evaluate these types of things for yourselves. I do know this. I am not alone. I Googled "Obama emperor has no clothes" and it returned 951,000 hits. I perused a view of them and I think the greatest question has to do with who will tell him the truth and what if anything will be the response. Speculation about all of that may have more to do with the previous conclusion about an explanation worth considering. (See previous paragraph.) Maybe tomorrow I will have something of a lighter fare for us to take in. Maybe. I'll do my best but be aware that I'm waiting to find out too. The good news, as always, is how that our Great God knows all about it. We can never go wrong by trusting Him. Amen.  ....More later.

No comments: