Friday, July 4, 2014

Happy 238th Birthday to the United States of America

It's Friday, July 4, 2014 and I bid you a patriotic welcome to today's special edition. Here's an interesting quote from President Lyndon B. Johnson, "This, then, is the state of the union:  free and restless, growing and full of hope.  So it was in the beginning.  So it shall always be, while God is willing, and we are strong enough to keep the faith." We are a work in progress. Some have called it a grand experiment in the exercise of liberty and freedom. I am not ashamed to be happy that I am an American. I thank God for our country. I hope you enjoy this day where freedom rings out the birthday song. Maybe we can pay tribute by humming along with the wonderful lyrics given to us by Irving Berlin: "God Bless America, Land that I love. Stand beside her, and guide her Thru the night with a light from above. From the mountains, to the prairies, To the oceans, white with foam God bless America, My home sweet home."Amen and Amen. See you next week. ...More later.

No comments: