Tuesday, January 14, 2014

"Men don't care what's on TV. They only care what else is on TV." ~ Jerry Seinfeld

Good morning for the 1700th time. That's quite a few keystrokes I've left hanging around out on the grand worldwide information highway. If this was a video game I might get some free tokens or something. I know. That's likely not how video games work anymore but I can't know everything about everything. Sorry. It is good to say hello and welcome on this Tuesday, January 14, 2014. I've watched some football in preparation for the much over-hyped Superbowl, however, it is good to know that testing is underway at Daytona. You didn't know that? Well, I'm here to tell you that it was going on this past weekend. They call it the preseason thunder testing for NASCAR. Instead of waiting all year, NASCAR has what is arguably their biggest race of the year, first, that is, the Daytona 500 which will be run on February 23. I was busy switching forth and back from the football game during commercials, and that my friend, is enough to be a workout for your arthritic fingers. From gospel music to NASCAR to the football playoff game and back. If it was a favorite song, I stayed with that for a few minutes, and whichever one had no commercial running typically won. No. I am not interested in that device that skips commercials because I already have one and it's had lots of use. Me!

I will tell you this. If anyone ever needed a remote control device for their satellite radio in their car, well, I would be that person. I don't have to worry about being distracted by the cellphone, but, trying to change the channel on my little satellite device, well, it has caused me to hit a few culverts and I do have a scratch or two on my fenders. As they say back home, ''That's not good." It also gives my wife plenty to complain about. While she was away as a youth sponsor for a winter outing, I came into the garage where she usually parks and hit her step ladder and a couple of other things because I was switching forth and back between a couple of stations on the satellite. I wasn't happy about it because it appeared to me they had too many things in my way. I had no idea I would be dealing with an obstacle course just trying to get in my driveway. I know. It's not funny, and I have made a commitment to only change the station when it is safe, or if the coast is clear.

I did learn an important lesson. Never hit the step ladder in your own garage or they will wonder what kind of punch was being served at the Church class party you were coming home from. That's just a joke so don't write me. And, yes, I am going to be more careful with my changing stations while driving. I'm sure the wildlife on the roadways will be glad to hear that. Poor critters, they actually don't have a clue which way to run these days when they see me coming. Maybe that's why so many of them just stand and shake their heads when I pass by. You do know I'm mostly exaggerating for effect. Right? Mostly. Okay. Not entirely. I didn't say I couldn't use some improvement here. Last time I checked we all could. I will work on it. I promise. Now for the 1700th time I feel very comfortable in pointing us all to the Lord God of heaven who provided us a way, through the finished work of His one and only Son, Jesus Christ, for each of us to be made right with Him. You can count on that. May God bless each one is my prayer. Amen.  ...More later.

No comments: