Monday, January 20, 2014

“In family life, love is the oil that eases friction, the cement that binds closer together, and the music that brings harmony.” ~ Eva Burrows

Good morning class, it's my pleasure to welcome you back. I hope you are all prepared and ready because today is Monday, January 20, 2014. We were so blessed to have our dear Brother Milton and his wife Glenda come for a short visit this weekend. The wife's sister, Dorothy, brought them over and we have had us one great time of fellowship. Brother Milton is a walking miracle as we understand the meaning of that word. Several years ago he was given up for dead several times after suffering a massive heart attack and stroke, but, God had other plans. His life back then was defined by a long list of what he would never be able to do again. God had other plans. He became my brother in law back in 1964 so we have sojourned together in this life for more than just a few years. In fact, he married off his sister to yours truly. His first wedding and mine too. He has been able to preach again on occasion and when I read his name in an obituary as being one of the ministers involved, the tears well up in my eyes. Why? God had other plans for this wonderful couple and we give Him the honor and glory for it all. Why? It's pretty obvious folks that He and He alone has done this great work! Amen.

I suppose that being absentminded, forgetful, or distracted can produce surprises at times. When you have your mouth all set for some old fashioned oatmeal cooked up with some raisins, well, ending up with grits in the bowl was not what I had in mind. That old fashioned tag doesn't really apply since we're talking microwave cuisine here. The instant packages were about the same size and they were in the draw at my desk close together. That's not all. It's also interesting to go somewhere only to find out that it was not where you were supposed to go. When I heard the place mentioned I immediately thought of the other place so I went there instead. That made for an interesting set of conversations forth and back. It can be really challenging to pull off the 'I meant to do that' when you obviously don't have a clue. While some folks are asking the great 'Why am I here?' questions, I suppose I'm more focused on a particular location at any given time. Many of you know all too well exactly what I am talking about.

One thing about me. I usually devote the same amount of energy to doing a task, regardless if it turns out to be the right task or not. My experience is consistent. There's no bigger mistake than when you go all out but it ends up being the wrong place, the wrong activity, or the wrong outcome. Typically, there's not too many folks standing around saying 'at least he put his heart into it', if you know what I mean. And, we still are learning. Like, make sure you don't put the instant cereal packages close together in the drawer. And, make sure you double check your destination before you leave, not after you arrive. See there. I started out the day by addressing you as my class and I now have delivered some important rules that will help us all as we go along life's way. Now I am left to ponder whether that was exactly what I intended or not. I'll keep working on that one and Lord willing maybe the big 'C' as in clarity will show up for tomorrow's session. Have a great day and may God bless each one. Amen.    ....More later.

No comments: