Wednesday, January 1, 2014

"He has put a new song in my mouth— Praise to our God; Many will see it and fear, And will trust in the Lord." Psalm 40:3

Happy New Year to one and all as I welcome you to today's edition and get to put the date down for the first time, Wednesday, January 1, 2014. We didn't stay up to see the new year come in. I did see the proverbial ball dropping and fireworks at different locations across the globe at my desk yesterday, therefore, I could claim that I officially did see the changing of the year but that most likely wouldn't impress anyone, including me. For those who are really committed to resolutions, here's some input from a rather famous character: "You know how I always dread the whole year? Well, this time I'm only going to dread one day at a time." (This was Charlie Brown's response to Patricia 'Peppermint Patty' Reichardt's question, "Have you made any New Year's resolutions, Chuck?". The dialogue was in a 1986 animated TV special based upon the popular comic strip Peanuts, by Charles M. Schulz.)

But from my vantage point, we start off the new year like we ended the old, with an attitude of gratitude to God for His provision through His Son, and for His ongoing presence in our lives. May this new year be one where we can look back and say we made progress on behalf of honoring our Savior and in serving others. Amen.        .....More later.

No comments: