Friday, May 31, 2013

“Music speaks what cannot be expressed, soothes the mind and gives it rest, heals the heart and makes it whole, flows from heaven to the soul.” (Unknown Author)

Here we are again. I've got Celtic Thunder singing some classic Irish tunes in the background and that's always a good way to get my day started. But, may I ask, just how in the world are you doing on this Friday, May 31, 2013? Music does help when we are feeling down. I'm not a Kelly Clarkson fan. But a year or so ago I found a YouTube video where these kids on a cancer ward in a Seattle hospital were lip syncing her hit, "Whatever Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger." I've maybe watched that three and one half minute video at least twenty or more times and I'm still waiting for me not to be emotional in response to these kids. It's not just finding someone worse off than ourselves so that we feel better. It's dealing with the reality of knowing that often the things that weigh us down are not really that heavy, after all. Those dozen or so cancer patients demonstrate through that song their fighting spirit and their hope as they continue the struggle. I think I've shared the link before but you may not have taken the time to watch it. I can tell you this, it will do a body good:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihGCj5mfCk8

I mention often about being amused by myself. In fact, to be honest, it's getting more so as the days go by. In fact, I pretty much stay amused by the self inflicted running funnies that tend to dog my steps each day. One would think I would have used up just about any and all material by now, but, let me assure you, they just keep on coming. Throw in the age related happenings and some days are like a cartoon strip reality show on steroids. Not really, but I thought of describing it that way, just to get your attention. What's that you say? Why not share more of those funnies with us, you know, the blog reading audience? I must tell you that I am very careful about what I share and I have paraded a few from time to time, but, my oh my, if you only knew. It sometimes makes me wonder how someone with a respectable IQ can produce these kinds of things. The challenge part is because of the fact that I am, at heart, an intensely private person, therefore, I have to think long and hard before sharing funny stuff on myself. The bottom line reminds us all that humor is a vibrant part of life and God arranged where we all can get ourselves a smile and we only need look to ourselves as the source. Can't find it within yourself to laugh at yourself? What a waste! Now just the other day.... But, I had better let that one age a bit.

Let's just say that I at times know all too well what the dude meant when he said, "My head went out on me." Okay. Let me end the week with a little tidbit for you to chew on. This will be echo number one from my little rant that graced these pages the other day. Subject: IRS. It is now reported based on the sign in logs at the White House that the former IRS Commissioner Doug Shulman visited 157 times during his tenure from March of 2008 to November of 2012. (It was during his tenure that all these shenanigans were going on.) Yes, he was appointed by President Bush before he left office even though he had previously contributed to Democrats in the previous election. Now here's headline number one: His predecessor, the previous Commissioner, visited the Bush White House only 1 time during the entirety of Bush's 2nd term. Headline number two: Based on the same logs, each of the other high ranking officials including the President's Cabinet would have had to have made 60 more individual visits during that same time frame just to tie Mr. Shulman. When asked about his visits he said he remembered discussing policy issues and attending the annual Easter Egg Roll the White House does for children each year. Really? If that passes the smell test for you, then you need a new smeller. Finally, here's how Shakespeare penned it as spoken by Marcellus in Hamlet: "Something is rotten in the state of Denmark." I'm sure we will all hear more about this as we proceed. Until then, have a great Saturday and Lord's Day Sunday, and I'll see what I can pull together by next Monday. May God bless. Amen.  .....More later.

No comments: