Thursday, May 30, 2013

"My grandchildren's kisses are like tatoos on my heart!" (copied)

We made it to Thursday and while it has been a short work week thus far, there's always that out of sync stuff to overcome along with making up for lost time. I noticed on Tuesday morning how that some of our guys here were not exactly bright eyed and bushy tailed, if you know what it mean. (Bright-eyed and bushy-tailed comes direct and intact from the classic Fox Hunt. A fox with dull or cloudy eyes or a limp, listless un-groomed tail is one in poor health and will not provide a good active challenging chase over a long course.) I always thought it was a squirrel. But, it's good to welcome one and all on this May 30, 2013. The wife and I were able to make Brady's second round playoff game on Tuesday evening. Brady is a little fireball at whatever he happens to be involved in. At 7, he is still learning as a baseball player along with most of the other kids on the field. Most. The team they played had really worked on hitting and they had four or five boys that could slap the ball around pretty good. Our team lost but we enjoyed being there. Immensely. You have to love the way the game is played today. All these little kids with their own personal bats and batting gloves. I told my wife that I played for at least five years and I never even had a batting glove on. But, that's progress. When it was all said and done, I asked our son what the final score was. He simply said it was a whole lot to a little. They even keep score differently. Very enjoyable. Go Brady go!

Brady's sister Lexie was busy at her awards program at her school while we were at the game. She is a superb student and has been since the get go. Our twins, Alesha and Amanda, were in a play at their school on the same night. We started to split up and try and make more than one but we had not been able to see the Bradester play this year so we opted to do the baseball game. I'm just thankful that all of these events were within striking distance for us. And, who wouldn't want to get out there on the Houston Metro thoroughfares and play bumper car roulette? Fortunately for us, we were headed towards the big city and I think most everyone else were trying to escape north. And, when we think about the talents and abilities of our offspring and their progeny, we feel so blessed with the potential we see in our 11 grands and our one little great grand. Of course most grandparents feel that way. We met a lady at the ball game who appeared to be a little younger than us. She has 17 grandkids with 2 more on the way. A good number of them were at the game. The parents of the kids, both the moms and the dads, did like the ink. It was climbing out of their clothes, on their arms, legs, and even their feet. Must run in the family. To each his or her own I suppose, but I think I will pass, thank you.

My wife has one of those really super smartphones. It might even be called a smart alec phone. She took that photo of Brady and I, slapped some text on it, and shot it up to Facebook. However, she's still learning how to fully operate her newest edition of the computerized cellphone. At one time during the game she accidentally got it going on video and it took a little while to figure out how to stop that thing. (It was one of those I've fallen and I can't get up moments.) Just kidding. They say that some technology can be dangerous in the wrong hands. But, I'm sure she will get there, sooner, if not later. After all, she did get that photo uploaded. A woman who attended our local fellowship as a child some thirty plus years ago commented on that photo of Brady and I. She was telling our Rodney that she thought I still looked the same as she remembered me except maybe my beard was more bushy. The same? The same? I sure would be happy if the only change I knew about was my bushy beard. I do think that child needs to have her eyes examined. But, that's one of the positive things from the so called social networking society we live in today. We can connect with friends, past, present, and even make some new ones as we go along. Are there negatives? You betcha! Those need to be guarded against diligently. Okay. That will have to do for today. Take care and Lord willing I'll catch up with you tomorrow. May God bless. Amen.        ....More later.

No comments: