Thursday, May 16, 2013

"Power is always dangerous. Power attracts the worst and corrupts the best." Edward Abbey, American Author, (1927-1989)

Here we are. It's Thursday, May 16, 2013, and my head is still hung up moving from one side to the other. It's stuck. I have played ping pong before. I actually was pretty good at one time, but that was a long time ago. Watching these forth and back news conferences on the latest political hot potato scandals reminds me of that game. One side slams a serve and then the administration spins it and puts all kinds of  wicked English on it and sends it back. The only difference in this game are the stakes because they are much higher than crowning a ping pong champion. These claims and counter claims speak to the very essence of the duty of government and its proper use. I know some people who are just happy to see the President and his team squirm regardless of the reason. I don't feel that way at all. However, if there is abuse of any kind, and if there are unlawful actions on the part of those in the IRS or any other federal agency, then it needs to be dealt with, period. I do find it interesting to see how the seizing by the Justice Department of the reporters phone call logs has finally broken up the love fest between the mainstream media and the current occupant of the Oval Office. You can do whatever you want when it comes to conservative groups or just about anyone else but when you step on the toes of the press, danger Will Robinson! Trouble ahead! The views expressed in this paragraph are not intended for any other purpose than that which was in the mind of the individual who wrote it and he might even be hard pressed to explain it if asked to do so.

I guess the best advice is to stay tuned because the way it goes in the political arena, it typically is not over even when it's over. But, meanwhile back on the ranch, that would be the ole blogger ranch, life in the trenches, so to speak, goes on. I don't know of anyone who is immune to the winds and waves that come with the life we've been given. I've been around long enough to know that anyone of us are just a phone call away from having to deal with an unexpected challenge or tragedy. However, we can be sure that regardless of what happens, the truth is still the truth, and our God is still with us each step we take. He is with us when it appears the political realm is turned upside down. He is with us when the hurricane puts a big old tree right smack dab in the middle of your house. He is with us when we have to say farewell to someone near and dear to our hearts. And, He will be there when it's time for us to go home. Sure, some folks really get excited and nervous about all the upheaval that tends to define our times but as the old song says, 'that's when you need the Lord'. Amen.

That first paragraph zapped a lot of my energy and I find myself needing to pause and make me another cup of Community to get myself going again. Hold on just for minute. I will be right back. Okay. That is so much better! Now where were we? How do I know I might be a little too plugged in? Confession time. I was actually listening to a replay of the U.S. Attorney General's testimony before the Judiciary Committee on my way in this morning. There are good things about having satellite radio and then there are the other things as well. Sorry, but I find stuff like that very compelling. And, I'm sure you do as well. Just kidding. But, now it's time to get on with the day that the Lord has made and given to us. Surely there will be someone we can encourage or help today, if we are looking. That will most likely be a whole lot more productive than my listening activity. You do know what I mean. Right Vern? Have a great day and may God bless each one. Amen.    ....More later.

No comments: