Friday, September 16, 2011

Happy 6th Birthday to our Alexander Benjamin!

Today is Friday, September 16, 2011, and I bid you welcome. This upcoming Sunday is another one of those special days for us in our family. It is the birthday of our Alexander Benjamin who will become a six year old. If you haven't noticed, our grandchildren are special to us. Hey, and I am glad to say that they are, for the most part, all characters, and that my friend, is one of the things that distinguishes our lineage. That's right. We all are a bunch of characters. Alex is the baby boy of our middle son Jimmy. I looked over the toys recommended for his age group. Sorry. He has played one too many video games with his brother for any of that stuff to make sense. Those items for the 6 to 8 year old category would be like getting him crib toys at this point. I'll have to settle for the games rated for Everyone, ten and above. When I was six there's no telling what we were using as toys but I can assure you it had nothing to do with computers or video games. Watching Alex figure out a game he has never played on his MiMi's laptop is amazing to me. He cannot read yet but he has played enough computer games to get the hang of it pretty quickly. He also has a built in support line with his brother and he does use it from time to time. We do thank God for this child who seems suited to bring joy wherever he shows up. God knew this Poppy would need to be ministered to by an abundance of grandchildren and we love them all. Happy Birthday Alexander Benjamin. Love, MiMi and Poppy.

Here's some 'GRAND' quotes that I thought were interesting. Grandmas are moms with lots of frosting. ~ Author Unknown  What a bargain grandchildren are! I give them my loose change, and they give me a million dollars' worth of pleasure. ~ Gene Perret    Grandmothers are just "antique" little girls. ~ Author Unknown   Perfect love sometimes does not come until the first grandchild. ~ Welsh Proverb   A grandmother is a babysitter who watches the kids instead of the television. ~ Author Unknown   Never have children, only grandchildren. ~ Gore Vidal   Becoming a grandmother is wonderful. One moment you're just a mother. The next you are all-wise and prehistoric. ~ Pam Brown   Grandchildren don't stay young forever, which is good because granddaddies have only so many horsey rides in them. ~ Gene Perret   Grandmother always made you feel she had been waiting to see just you all day and now the day was complete. ~ Marcy DeMaree   Grandmas never run out of hugs or cookies. ~ Author unknown   Grandmothers hold our tiny hands for just a little while, but our hearts forever. ~ Author Unknown   If I had known how wonderful it would be to have grandchildren, I'd have had them first. ~ Lois Wyse   My grandkids believe I'm the oldest thing in the world. And after two or three hours with them, I believe it, too. ~ Gene Perret   If becoming a grandmother was only a matter of choice, I should advise every one of you straight away to become one. There is no fun for old people like it! ~ Hannah Whithall Smith   It's such a grand thing to be a mother of a mother - that's why the world calls her grandmother. ~ Author Unknown   Grandchildren are God's way of compensating us for growing old. ~ Mary H. Waldrip   You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother ~ Proverb

Time flies when you are having fun is the way the saying goes but it also flies when you are, you know, busy. And, today's blog ends another active week of busyness where we seemed to always be on our way to the next thing on our schedule. That's the way it works for everyone? Good. Then we are not alone? I'm just joking because we are so thankful to have things to do and places to go and people to see and activities to participate in and schedules to keep, and sometimes we all get a little winded in the process, however, it's still a blessing because often I enjoy what I call a good tired. A good tired comes at the end of a day where you have put forth your best effort, or maybe helped someone out, or you accomplished an important task. That good tired leads to a good sleep and I, for one, do enjoy that outcome. I know. Many folks have trouble sleeping and I'm not bragging because I don't, I'm just saying how thankful I am that typically there's not too much time between my head hitting the pillow and when that far away place of deep sleep takes over. My wife says it can happen in mid sentence and it amazes her. While science still tries to figure out why we need sleep, I know that God designed it into our make up, and here's what Solomon recorded in Proverbs 3:24 "When you lie down, you will not be afraid; Yes, you will lie down and your sleep will be sweet." I do pray that you and yours will have a good Saturday and Lord's Day Sunday. May God be with us until we meet again, here, for another ride on the old Blogmobile. Amen.       ....More later.

No comments: