Monday, March 8, 2021

"You don't need a silver fork to eat good food." ~ The late famous New Orleans chef, Paul Prudhomme


Hello and welcome. Today is Monday, March 8, 2021, and, I do hope you are inclined to rise and shine and give God the glory. Amen. The brotherly biscuit challenge is underway with our eldest, Chris, throwing down his version of the gauntlet. The photo is of Chris's first shot, this past Saturday morning, at made-from-scratch biscuits based on his mom's approach. His gravy didn't do as well as he wanted it to, but, he knows what he did wrong and is ready to get it 'right'. Those, my friend, are beautiful biscuits. In fact, they look a whole lot like the ones we had Saturday morning. Will someone please send this photo to Crackerbarrell so they know what a real homemade biscuit is supposed to look like. Sorry. I couldn't resist. A few weeks ago, the wife and I ate at one and they brought out these little biscuits. I told the wife they must be the appetizer, you know, like the ones Red Lobster serves. She said she thought they were their famous buttermilk homemade biscuits. You've got to be kidding. Right? Oh well, to each his or her own, but, let me describe it the way I had mine last Saturday. I had it oozing with butter and I crammed a nice piece of beef sausage into it, and, I can't say I saw a bright light, but, it reminded me of what I heard Charles Barkley say one time. He was commenting on an unbelievable play made on the court and he said this, "I have no idea what the word surreal means, but, I think what we just saw might be it." I think you get my drift here. Good as it gets .... and then some!


Bentley here, "Trying to be sociable, I told this little joke to the lab next door, 'Why do you have to be careful when it's raining cats and dogs? Because you might step in a poodle.' He just shrugged his shoulders. Tough neighborhood folks, tough indeed!"

Mr. Bentley believes that if we go to the grocery store we should always come home with something special for him. He does. He really does. He goes from bag to bag awaiting the reveal. Last week, the wife returned and he was going crazy. I asked if she got him something and she said she had bought another bag of those bone-like chewies with peanut butter since the one in the cabinet was getting low. (Those things are outrageously high. Twenty of these smallish bones are nearly $11 at the big box store.) He does love them. She said she would fetch him one from the cabinet. I told her that wouldn't do. She needed to open the new package and give him one from it. That way he would know it was bought especially for him. I wouldn't want him to be disappointed. When I told Chris about this, he said he wished I hadn't. A wee bit over the top I guess. Right? Oh well, I'm only reporting the facts here, nothing more and nothing less. 



I get the idea that Mr. Chris thinks maybe the dementia train has already left the station. I've always loved trains. Have a great rest of the day and I hope God will add His blessings. To us all. Amen. ....More later. 

No comments: