Tuesday, March 9, 2021

“I try to stay in a constant state of confusion just because of the expression it leaves on my face.” ― Johnny Depp


Good morning and welcome. It's Tuesday, March 9, 2021, and, we get up today with a thankful heart that God has allowed us to continue our journey. Of late, we have been pretty much as the sign on the airplane restroom door often indicates: Occupied. Last Thursday, I accompanied our middle son, Jimmy, to his heart stress test. I dropped him off and went on a quest. That involved finding a parking spot in a huge medical complex. I gathered that circling around and around wouldn't be too productive since there were already dozens of folks doing that very thing. Therefore, I went to the next lot, and the next, and the next. I finally located a spot and began my trek back to the building where Jimmy was awaiting his test. I was there to help him with the copay. The screening lady said they had a strict no visitor policy. I mentioned I was there to help with the copay. She said she had been told about me and she believed they could make an exception. She took my temperature, asked me all the pertinent questions, and then she handed me a little green dot to place on my shirt. She then directed me to the office where they had permitted the strict no visitor policy to be waived. They do have shuttles operated by what appeared to be volunteers but none of them showed any interest in slowing down at all as they whizzed by me. They probably didn't know I would be eligible for a green dot. After the stress test and EKG, the cardiologist did identify a couple of blockages and they will soon be scheduling a heart cath procedure to see what to do next. I appreciate prayers on our Jimmy's behalf. Thanks. Amen



Last Friday, the wife's sister, Dorothy, had foot surgery here in our area. She came to our home to recuperate. It was supposedly a fairly routine surgical procedure but as we all know, nothing typically ends up being routine. Our first issue had to do with the pain medication the doctor had set up for her. The CVS that received the prescription did not have the drug in stock. CVS cannot transfer a pain med to another location without the doctor's involvement. No problem. We had been given a phone number. That number would get to the doctor quickly. Hello? Call after call, message after message, no response. When you have your foot cut on, pain typically follows as the anesthetic wears off. We did what we could to help. Then some onset nausea set in. We would get that stopped for a while and then it would start back up again. Finally, at 1 a.m., Monday, she was kept at the ER for an extended period to administer fluids and pain meds. As I write this note,  she is in the hospital to continue this process. I can report she feels tons better and her spirits are good. We believe she will be released today and she sees her surgeon on Thursday for a follow-up visit. She has been a real trooper through all of these challenges and it has been our privilege, (the wife has done most of the heavy lifting), to do our best to help her and her husband, Jim, to deal with it all. Political correctness alert: The thought came to me whether trooper was accurate or should I have used troopette. Just joking. 



I must be doing some better on my writing. I don't say that due to any quality threshold being crossed but I have noticed the grammar software I use is finding more and more of my words to question. It may mean I am beginning to begin to be back to slinging my own version of slang. Enjoy the rest of your day and be sure to remember that we all are in God's hands. Amen. ......More later.

No comments: