Wednesday, March 17, 2021

“If we feel we are missing out sometimes, it may be because we simply forget to consult the past or neglect to think up its ties with the presence. ("Walking down the memory lane" )” ― Erik Pevernagie


Good morning and welcome once again. I am in my office upstairs on this Wednesday, March 17, 2021, as I wish each and everyone a happy St. Patrick Day celebration. The photo is another part of the memory chain here in my office. The framed artifact on the right reflects scenes from "It's a Wonderful Life", one of our all-time favorite Christmas movies. The flag at the top left is the one from my dad's funeral back in January of 1954. Most of the books are Bible-related study materials. Nearly all of these are readily available on the internet today and I typically look them up when doing research or lesson prep. The portrait on the left wall is a family photo from when our boys were much younger and still at home. The other photos all reflect on our journey together. There are quite a bit of Jeff Gordon memorabilia since I used to follow him some when he was racing in NASCAR. There is also a diecast model of a 1955 Ford Crown Victoria which is the car I used when my girlfriend and I, now my wife, were dating. I see the four-point deer antlers from one I shot and killed hunting with my wife's brother Cleon, most likely in the late 1960s or early 1970s. That trophy-looking pen set lists the 12 different jobs I held during my tenure at Pennzoil Company between 1969-1989. It was a gift from my staff celebrating my 20th anniversary. There are some vintage photos of family, some Avon cologne bottles given to me by my mom, and a variety of miscellaneous this, that, and the other. Those two bookcases reflect a lot of water under a lot of bridges with even more memories. See what I mean?



Sorry to be running late but I had to interrupt to take Mr. Bentley for an early appointment with the vet to get a shot for his allergies. Yep. When they say the Shi Tzu breed is high maintenance, if that means dollars, I can testify. Our Jimmy has his heart surgeon consultation this morning. The wife's sister is doing well but her podiatrist doesn't want her to put any weight on her foot for four months. We are thanking God for things being as well as they are. I do hope y'all have a good rest of the day. May God bless each one. Amen. ......More later.

No comments: