Tuesday, March 16, 2021

Happy Birthday to our sweet and grand, Kyleigh!

Kyleigh with Dad Rodney.

Good morning and welcome to another day where we proudly recognize the birthday of another grandchild. It is Tuesday, March 16, 2021, and we pause to celebrate the 26th year of the sojourn here on the planet of our granddaughter, Kyleigh. Kyleigh is a remarkable woman, school teacher, friend to a huge group of her peers, and she has always shown love and respect to us. We notice things like that. We thank God for Kyleigh and pray that He will lead, guide, and direct her way. Amen. Happy Birthday Sweetie, our love, MiMi and Poppy.



Today I am working in my upstairs office. I don't come up here that much anymore but when I do, the room is filled with memories. First of all, I have the handed down Keurig that thinks it is an expresso machine. It puts only a smidgen of water into the cup and it is so strong it makes me close my eyes and wince, but, at the same time, it is so-o-o-o-o good! You know. A little of that goes a long way. Sitting beside the Keurig is a hand-painted circular saw blade, painted by and given to me by Bro. Max Holmes, who has gone on to his heavenly reward. Max was a real character and when I see that saw blade I remember him, some of his very plain comments, and some of the laughs we shared together. I will never forget a visit I had with him in the nursing facility. A lady we know showed up on one of those motorized vehicles, called a mobility power scooter. She had her tiny little Terrier with her, Gracie. Max was an over-the-top dog lover and the lady put Gracie up on the bed and she went up to Max and licked him all over his face. Max was in hog heaven. They had brought Max's supper and Gracie saw it on the tray, went over to it, looked at it, smelled of it, and turned away. Max gleefully pointed out, "What have I been telling you? That stuff is so bad, the dog won't even touch it!" I always had prayer with Bro. Max and that sawblade triggers many good memories. When I am back up here again I will try and share some more of why this ole office is a place filled up with stuff collected on the Memory Highway. 



Sentimental? You betcha! And, may I just say as I get older it appears to be getting worse. I say that so you will recognize some of it in my writings. An example: The other afternoon we were watching the John Wayne film that is one of our favorites, 'Big Jake'. It is about him recovering his kidnapped grandson. In that scene when his grandson asks him, "Are you my grandfather?", well, I found tears welling up, or, maybe I had something in my eyes. Both of them? Oh well, I will just have to get used to it. Enjoy your day and may God add His blessings. Amen. .....More later.

No comments: