Thursday, March 11, 2021

“We are like the moon. The moon shines anyway, but it does not produce its own light. It reflects the light illuminated onto its surface by the Sun and is never proud to say "I am the source of light". God shines through us, hence He deserves the glory; not us.” ― Israelmore Ayivor


Hello and welcome. It is Thursday, March 11, 2021. I have for many years passed myself off as a high mileage vehicle. I have proof. However, it is for my old Chevy pickup. It finally hit the 200,000-mile mark. I consider it to have been and still is a blessing. I was able to purchase it from the owner of the company where I spent the last 12 years of my public working life. Our pastor recently had his very expensive Chevy truck stolen. He said he had been bombarded by expert advice regarding truck theft and thievery in general. His final comment from the pulpit went like this, "Based on everything I have received and after due consideration, I suppose the only way to avoid this happening again would be for me to buy a Ford pickup." It was a joke, but, I can testify to the reliability and durability of my old Chevy pickup, and, Mr. Bentley dearly loves it too.



Speaking of Mr. Bentley, our granddaughter Amanda and her husband Manny brought over their newest edition, Yoda, a black pug, to show him off. He may weigh a pound and is maybe 7 inches long. Mr. Bentley wanted no part of this little miniature yipping and yapping puppy. He actually didn't know what to make of Yoda. If Yoda tried to come towards him, he backed up and looked around like he needed someone to tell him what he was supposed to do. Let's face it, our Mr. Bentley leads a fairly secluded life. They wanted them to be friends. Maybe next time.



The wife's sister goes back to her surgeon today and we are anticipating good results. Our Jimmy has his heart cath procedure tomorrow. And, as the song says, the beat goes on, and on, and on. Have a great rest of the day and may God bless. Amen. .....More later.

No comments: