Thursday, March 18, 2021

“The key is this: Meet today's problems with today's strength. Don't start tackling tomorrow's problems until tomorrow. You do not have tomorrow's strength yet. You simply have enough for today.” ― Max Lucado

Bentley here, "For the last time. I am just being me, I am not auditioning to play Grumpy!"

Good morning and happy days to one and all on this Thursday, March 18, 2021. I no longer check my blood sugar as much as I did earlier in my diabetic journey. I have adopted a spot check approach and today's wake-up number check came out at 110. I will take that number any day of the week and seven times on Sunday. I  suppose one reason for this relaxed approach has to do with how my medical support folks view my situation. As I have aged they seem to be more concerned about me being over-medicated prompting a fall of some kind. Therefore, my targets are no longer as strict as they once were. I think this has been a good thing for me since I no longer fret over it as much. And, it seems, for me, my overall A1C has been pretty much as good as it was when I was much more on top of all things diabetes. For me! Every person is different and I would never recommend my approach to anyone. Just me, and, I am thankful it continues to be flagged by my primary care as being in the well-controlled category. 



Our Jimmy has been scheduled for a quadruple bypass procedure later this month. He will soon be 53 and he's pretty bummed about it, but, he really has to get it done given the seriousness of the status of his heart. The surgeon assured Jimmy he does these types of surgical procedures nearly every day. The first bypass procedure in the US dates back to 1960 and while it continues to be a serious affair, we all know of the great improvements and innovations achieved in this specialty. We are trusting God as we seek His provision. Amen.



I seem to have focused on medical stuff today, but, it too is a good deal of what constitutes The View From Here these days. And, so it goes. Have a great rest of the day and may God bless each one. Amen. ....More later.

No comments: