Monday, November 4, 2019

Really? "We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey." ~ Kenji Miyazawa

Good morning and welcome back to another day here in the bloggerville neighborhood, on this Monday, November 4, 2019. We did 2-1/2 hours of Treat and Treat Santa last Thursday, nearly 6 hours in the studio on Friday, and another 3 hours in a different studio on Saturday. That's what I call hitting the ground running for this year's edition of The Santa Enterprise. I have changed my approach a little. I am being more proactive in trying to thwart the guaranteed aches and pains that typically show up after so much sitting, lifting, posing, and the stress that goes with it all. Enter the scene, Blue Emu. The wife bought some and I had never used it. It's key ingredient: Trolamine salicylate 10%. When you don't have a clue, you look it up: "Trolamine salicylate is an organic compound or a salt formed between triethanolamine and salicylic acid. Triethanolamine neutralizes the acidity of the salicylic acid. It is a topical analgesic used for temporary relief of minor pain associated with arthritis, simple backache, muscle strains, sprains, and bruises." Who knew? Well, I've started lathering up with the stuff before suiting up and it seems to be helping. It seems to be. Never underestimate the power of what one thinks. I will know better as the season continues. And, as the commercial always points out, "It doesn't stink." I'm sure there are dozens of kids, parents, photographers, and staff that are happy about that.

And, let the record show that I did take a Monster Energy drink with me to both Santa studio sessions, and, to the Church services yesterday. No snoozing, period! I usually drink water, but, tis the season to kick it up a notch. Blue Emu and Monster, now there's a combination. I put it all in the category of whatever it takes. We did get to work, as always, with some amazing kids. That always makes a huge difference. The kids. Even those who don't like Santa are precious and I might add they can be pretty strong for their age. I didn't have but two or three of those and that may account for the knot between my shoulders. The photographer typically lets the parents decide whether they want a screaming and kicking shot. I am never disappointed when they pass on the opportunity to see if I can manhandle their little one. While I may be the advertised main attraction, I never forget the children are the stars. I am there to help make a memory for them and their parents. And, yes, I work hard on doing that and yes, it does help to keep that perspective in mind.

Last evening we had outreach visitation on behalf of our Lord and our local Church. We took one that was pretty far away. They had visited on our recent Friend Day celebration. They had been talked to on the phone. They were listed as Hot Prospects. You do remember our class is for 73 and up. We drove over to Tomball and found their house. We ended up spending an hour and a half with this wonderful couple. Tom and Clydene. Married for 60 years. Members of the their Church since 1958. Hot Prospects? Not even close. Clydene and her son from Florida had actually attended our services because a dear friend had invited them to come. They did fall in love with our Church, the services, the worship, the preaching, and the Spirit of God moving. But, they will stay where they are as servants of God in their own Church. And, I say Amen to that. Bro. Tom has been a serving deacon for decades and we laughed and talked and enjoyed their fellowship so much. At the end, we had prayer and thanked God for our time together. As Bro. Tom said it, "There's a reason y'all came over here because God is always at work in all things." Mrs. Claus and I were both tired from our busy schedule, but, we left there with a pep in our step as God gave us a blessing. He does that, and, we are thankful. Amen. ....More later.....

No comments: