Friday, November 22, 2019

Happy Birthday to our Granddaughter Stefani!

Good morning and welcome to Friday, November 22, 2019. I pause today to wish our granddaughter Stefani a most happy birthday. She is the youngest of our eldest Chris and his wife Sherrie. We pray God's blessings on Stef today and her beautiful daughter, our great-grand, Bella. May God continue to lead, guide, and direct is our prayer. Our love, MiMi and Poppy.

Eleven years ago on this exact date, the 22nd, it was Thanksgiving Day. Here's what I wrote back then to get the day started: ~ It's 6 a.m. and it's already a good day! We've already had our morning prayer together and my wife is now downstairs sipping her hot chocolate and watching the local news. I kind of slept in this morning and didn't roll out of bed until shortly after 5 a.m., but we are excited about the big day we have planned. Yes, it is Thanksgiving Day and in our house, the cooking will soon be well underway. It’s a wonderful day because overnight the temperature dropped into the high thirties and we, or at least I couldn’t be happier. I do love the cooler weather! I think the wind chill supposedly makes it feel like thirty degrees. What a way to usher in this wonderful time of family, food, and fellowship! It’s the kind of day when a wonderfully dark, rich, and strong cup of Community coffee seems to make everything in the world just a little bit better. I remember an African American computer operator named Enoch from back in the olden days who used to say he liked his coffee the same way he liked his women, hot, black, and sweet. Well, I don’t do the sweet but I will go for coffee (only) that’s hot and black! It’s a joke. You can laugh. No one will know.

If you detect a wee bit of fuzziness in my writing today, you would be correct. I woke up. Got up. Took Mr. Bentley outside. And, when I returned I found my ticket for today was on a train called the Discobobulated Express. It most likely comes from too much of one thing and not enough of the other, if you know what I mean. The one consistent thing from eleven years ago, my Community Coffee. I appreciate how a fairly wide circle of friends and family are very much aware of my devotion to Community Coffee. I've been told many times I should be a spokesperson for their Company. The image above was tagged to me and posted on Facebook by a niece-in-law who lives up in the Dallas area. I not only approve this message but, I may have actually found myself dumping that supposed coffee because I wasn't interested in colored water as a beverage. Just me. If you love the other stuff, go for it! Quirks. You have yours, I have mine. Where we get into trouble is when we begin to only see the other person's. It looks like the Discobobulated Express is about to go into a long black tunnel, therefore, I will say so long for now. Don't forget to enjoy your Saturday and show up to demonstrate your thankfulness at the meeting place on Lord's Day Sunday. As for me, I will do my best to work on what always puzzled me as a kid growing up: "You better straighten up and fly right." I never knew my folks were into aviation. May God bless each one. Amen. ....More later.

No comments: