Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Today I address inquiring minds including my own.

Hello and welcome. Today is Wednesday, April 24, 2019. I know many of you have been waiting for me to respond to the Mueller Report. Sorry. I haven't read it. Sure. I've seen the so-called headlines being bantered around. I've seen those who claim this, that, or the other, based on their reading of the report. I said at the get-go that any examination of any political activity in our nation, at the level of scrutiny pursued by Robert Mueller and his staff, would yield the ugly underbelly of what goes on behind closed doors. This report shows the nitty-gritty of how political campaigns unfold. No one expected Donald Trump to be a choir boy as President. (I'll not make excuses for him, but, I would invite anyone to research the highly exalted President Obama and his use of foul/vulgar language when the TV cameras were not rolling.) It's easy to find. The public persona versus reality always yields a different perspective. The thing with President Trump, we did get what we knew he was. Best I can tell, he is not a criminal, based on the jurists who have analyzed the report. His ego and arrogance is very much in view in how he conducted himself. As one prominent law scholar put it, "If he was attempting to obstruct justice he certainly did a poor job of it." Bottom line, this is not going away. We have folks right now signing on to articles of impeachment, stating it is based on their constitutional duty. These are the same people who have shown time and time again they have no understanding whatsoever of the Constitution of our Republic. Sorry for the non-answer answer, but, that's the best I can do at this time.

I will tell you a conspiracy of sorts that I will never forget. When candidate Obama was running for President, it became well known the pastor of his Church, the Reverend Wright, had used his pulpit time and time again to condemn Israel and promote people like Louis Farrakhan, a famous black hater of the Jews. (While that issue did stand out, there were many other radical themes promoted from that pulpit.) The Obamas were members there for over 20 years. According to candidate Obama, he could not recall any of the anti-semitic sermons in the Church where he was a regular attendee. He did eventually throw the Reverend Wright under the bus, but, here's my point. The press gave him a pass on something that would have been a show stopper for any Republican or any other Democrat running for office. Talk about collusion. And, oh, by the way, many of the sermons have been preserved and can be watched or listened to. In context, President Trump, who is who he is, flaws and all the rest, has perhaps 95% or more of that same press working tirelessly against him on a 24x7 basis. They consistently looked the other way when it came to President Obama. If you cannot see the blatant bias then there's really not much I have that can help.

Bias has always existed. We know that. But, we are talking about degrees here. At one time, there was a sense in following the story and letting it speak. For itself. Today, a conclusion is reached and then stories are chased to give a platform for the conclusion to be shared. Okay. Enough of that. People ask me from time to time how retirement is going. Here is something I don't remember doing much of before leaving the workplace. Sitting out in the yard. Mr. Bentley in my lap. A slight breeze with just a hint of cool in an otherwise warm afternoon. Just sitting. He was chilled out and I was too. I could hear the thud like pecking of a woodpecker in the woods next to our house. People were passing by and waving. Most of them. Sitting and waving to folks was like a neat thing to do in the area where I grew up. Sometimes I get out there before dawn, Mr. Bentley in tow, and we just sit, I sip some good hot and strong Community and he mostly wonders if he will get credit and a treat when we go back into the house. I know that sounds rather sedentary, but, believe me, we do have our own busy schedule each week. The bottom line, I'm thankful I have more time to be busy, and, I'm also thankful to enjoy some chillin time. Try it sometimes. It is good for whatever might ail you. Take care. See you next time, and, may God bless. Amen. ....More later.

No comments: