Thursday, April 18, 2019

“Engage in no pursuit in which you cannot look up unto God, and say, 'Bless me in this, my Father!” ― Legh Richmond, (1772-1827), Church of England Clergyman and Writer

Good morning and welcome. It's good to catch up with everyone again on this Thursday, April 18, 2019. I am someone who enjoys giving to worthy causes. I am. This runaway 'Go Fund Me' culture has made this much more difficult. No doubt, the majority of those I see showing up every day are great organizations, causes, or personal families in need. But, the magnitude of the sheer number being promoted at any given time is mind-boggling. I know the folks who offer the collection service generate revenue from the fees they charge on the donations given. That gives them the incentive to get as many fundraisers out there as possible. Now folks are adding videos pleading for their particular situation or cause. These are people we know. This entire program is beginning to make me yearn for when it was mostly kids coming up to you at Church selling something to support their school. I'm not going to stop giving, but, I will tell you this saturation has really made it very complicated. Like I said, they are worthy causes. I don't have an answer. Just sharing. I do that sometimes. You've noticed? Thanks for hearing me out.

We received a copy of the letter stating our granddaughter, Lexie Dee, will be graduating from her high school class of about 1,000, with the top honor of Summa Cum Laude. This girl has worked so hard and has always excelled in her academic pursuits. She is in all advanced classes. She tutors other students. She has a parttime job. She will start in the fall at the University of Texas, Austin. We thank God for the talent and ability He has given to this young woman. We are thrilled for the potential she has and yes, we are proud of her. We know her parents, our youngest Rodney, and Mitzi, are too. May God continue to work in her life as she makes her way forward. Congratulations to our Lexie. We love you. MiMi and Poppy.

50th High School Reunion.
I graduated 5th in my high school class. Wow! That's pretty amazing when you say it like that. Right? We had less than 30 in my graduating class. Not as impressive. Big fish in a little pond. Or, little fish in a big pond. Or, if you are our Lexie, a big fish no matter what pond. I do see things posted nearly every day on Facebook by some of my high school friends. They, like me, have a lot of wear and tear. The good news is how most of them post things about their faith in God, their love for their families, and their concern for our culture and our country. I remember us as kids, then teens, and as young people trying to make our way in life. We all have had our sorrows and losses. That comes with life itself. We've also enjoyed the blessings of God. I did get to see some of them at our 50th High School Reunion back in 2014. We are all now well into our 70's. Some have health challenges. Others are dealing with family issues. Most are grateful to God for all He has done. You can count me in all of those categories, but, I am truly fixed on that last one because He has provided for me more than I could have ever deserved. Truly thankful. Yep. Thankful. What say you? Amen. ....More later.

No comments: