Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Happy Birthday to my wife, a Proverbs 31 woman of distinction!

Good morning and welcome. Today, Tuesday, April 23, 2019, is a most significant day for all of those in our family. Today we honor my wife as she celebrates her 72nd year of sojourn on the earth. Here's what I have to say about that: Sweetheart, Happy Birthday! What a woman! What a journey! Every single day I thank God for you, (thus, the calendar). You are a one-of-a-kind blessing to us all and God was so good to give you to us! Baby, you're still the greatest! My love, forever and ever, Amen.

We met in the summer of 1962. We married in December of 1964. Do the math. We've been at this for a while. Because of how God has gifted this lovely woman, I've essentially shared her with countless others throughout the years. First and foremost, she is a woman of God, a wife, mother, grandmother, great grandmother, a true friend to others, and a servant in pursuing Kingdom work. Her calling is simply to be her. Our family and I, as her husband, can very easily identify with the response found in Proverbs 31:

28) Her children rise up and call her blessed;
Her husband also, and he praises her:

29) “Many daughters have done well,
But you excel them all.”

30) Charm is deceitful and beauty is passing,
But a woman who fears the Lord, she shall be praised.

31) Give her of the fruit of her hands,
And let her own works praise her in the gates.

Those words in bold is a quote from the husband. I can say them as well. I'm not going to share any other stories today. I wanted this episode to honor the wife of my youth. May God continue to bless this remarkable woman. Amen. ....More later.

No comments: