Friday, April 12, 2019

Happy Friday!

Hello and welcome to Friday, April 12, 2019. I've got my hands full at the moment. Mr. Bentley is still trying to decide if he will forgive me or not, and, the wife left yesterday for a sibling trip to Louisiana. She and her sister, Dorothy, are going to see their older brother Cleon. Me? Home Alone or Left Behind? I report. You decide. Speaking of siblings, this past Wednesday was designated National Siblings Day. I put the above photo up on Facebook with the following information: "Several have posted something about national siblings day. Here is my offering. The bottom row, left to right, is yours truly, still kicking, then mom, who at 93 went home to glory in 2017. Next to mom is our dad who took ill and died in January of 1954, dad is holding our sweet baby sister Kayla who contracted Leukemia and died in 1979, next to dad is our brother Donald, retired US Marine who died in 2011. On the back row left to right is our sister Frances, who currently lives in an assisted living place, next to her is our brother Jimmy who died in 1962, and finally, our sister JoAnn who continues to battle a treatable form of Leukemia. The family photo was the last taken before dad passed away. We were visiting our grandparents in Hornbeck, Louisiana, and it was Resurrection Sunday, 1953."

Here's an excerpt from a very long blog I wrote around this same time in 2008.

Do Any and All for His Honor and Glory!

Knowing as much about what drives you is helpful as you find your place of service in this world. Over the years I have taken a huge number of tests that seek to determine my personality, strength areas, and weaknesses. I recently took one online that had 180 questions. It's called an Enneagram Evaluation. Here I am closing in on my 62nd year of sojourn here on earth and my profile is fairly consistent with those from back in the mid-1970s when I began my management work. The interesting thing about tests like this is that they typically show how one can take any personality type which accurately portrays who a person is, and then demonstrate how that dominant trait can be used in a positive and supportive way.

That blog I wrote included a description of various components where they attempted to describe my personality traits and how they helped to focus my time and attention. The bottom line was and still is, this: God can use any of us and He wants to. He knows everything about us and when we yield ourselves to Him we find our place of serving Him. And, that's a good thing. Amen. The wife is due back Sunday evening. That does give me something to look forward to. The vet clinic called to check on Mr. Bentley. The lady said the doctor wanted to know how he was doing. I told her he was still very angry with me. She said, "Sir?" I said, "Yep he is but other than that he is doing pretty good." I guess people don't often tell her the dog is angry. But he is. I do hope you enjoy your Saturday and Lord's Day Sunday. It is the season, Easter or more aptly, when His Death, Burial, and Resurrection is something folks do at least give some consideration. That's a good thing because He can use even that to work on any heart. See you next week. Lord willing. Amen. .....More later.

No comments: