Monday, April 29, 2019

Happy Monday and may God add His blessings. Amen.

Yours truly in the red vest standing behind The Wife.
Never fear, I am here. I had expected to have my blog up much earlier this morning, but, as you can see, I am running just a wee bit late. It is Monday, April 29, 2019, and, I do bid each one a hearty and warm welcome. Last Thursday evening I reprised my role as a 72-year-old waiter. This was my second year to wait The Wife's table at the annual ladies banquet at our local fellowship. She and her sister had really done a fine job decorating their table for eight. This was my second go at understanding why this would not be a good profession for me. There were probably 300 ladies who attended. Her table was pretty much one of the furthermost from the food area. This caused me some concern because I don't know why but my greatest fear was that I would stumble with one of those large trays and spill stuff over half an acre. But, we made it, and all went well. I served the eight ladies at The Wife's table and then bid them all a farewell. They finished up with a speaker and other stuff and I headed home to nurse my hurting feet. I know. Just two hours, but, for a fellow who looked more like the Tim Conway 'old-man', I was just glad to have made it without a bobble. (Us men do have trouble with instructions. They had clearly said we were to only use certain doors to come in and certain doors to go out. That didn't work because most of us spent a lot of time dodging each other because we were coming and going using the wrong doors.)

Not Mr. Bentley, but it could be!
The wife's sister came for a few days to be a part of the ladies banquet. She brought her little Chihuahua mix, Dotsey, with her. Mr. Bentley has never been around another little dog. He really didn't know how to react, but, he seemed to be wild and rambunctious. Perhaps he was putting on a show for his new cousin. He has learned to climb. He likes to get up on the recliner behind my neck. Someone suggested we send him to obedience school. Hopefully, he will grow out of this puppy phase where he acts like he has been set on fire, running as fast as he can, here, there, and everywhere. The other day he bumped into one of the end tables and something fell off. It hit the floor and made a loud crash. I thought he had broken something. It was metal, therefore, it didn't break, but, it scared the daylights out of him because he ran and hid, knowing he was in trouble. His little cousin, Dotsey, is so subdued and well behaved. She sleeps a lot and never causes any trouble. Our Mr. Chaos seems to be figuring out his next exploits as the day goes by. Oh well, he at least gives me something to fill in my leisure time. Said no one. Ever!

Since I am running late today and I do have some prep to do to get ready for our senior apartment ministry, I'm going to cut off today's episode like a stick of bologna. I will pick back up next time. Until then, be encouraged because God has it all under control. It may not look like it, but, He does. Have faith in Him and His revealed word. Amen.  ....More later.

No comments: