Monday, April 15, 2019

"He is not here: for he is risen, as he said. Come, see the place where the Lord lay." ~ Matthew 28:6, King James Version, (KJV)

Good morning and welcome to my world, one that is a little more in balance now that the lady of the house has returned. It's Monday, April 15, 2019, Tax Day, and I hope this episode finds everyone doing well. Mr. Bentley has pretty much recovered from his surgical procedures but he still hates what is often referred to as the 'cone of shame'. When the wife came home he did his version of being overjoyed. I was still at Church, but, she said he was totally out of control. She had just left her sister's house where her sister's little Chihuahua-mix, Dotsy, was a model of calm and cool behavior. She told me that Mr. Bentely needed to learn how to be that way. Really? I told her he is what he is. I do know he is spoiled. That's pretty obvious. Mostly, because we didn't know much about how to deal with having a puppy. I'm not even sure he is calm and cool when he is sleeping. But, he does need to learn how to behave himself. I will speak to him about it. Soon.

My pick-up truck is closing in on 190,000 miles. It's twelve years old and it ran hot on me last Wednesday evening coming home from Church. It was low on coolant so I put some in. It was close to needing a regular oil change so I had that done. The fellows there said they believed I had a leak in a couple of the hoses coming into the dash. That sounded right to me. I put in a call to our most trusted mechanic. He actually makes house calls. Shout out to my eldest for coming over Saturday morning and helping me with my aging pick-up truck. Using You-Tube to help troubleshoot our problem, we determined the repairs that were needed. We made two trips to the parts store, but, in a little over an hour the hoses were replaced and the coolant refreshed and it seemed to breathe a sigh of relief. Another helping hand from our boy. We spent $30 on the parts and my guess is he likely saved us between $300 and $400. That is if the mechanic shop would have diagnosed and fixed the right problem first. Thanks, Chris. It would be great to say he inherited his mechanical inclinations from me, but, that would be a joke to everyone who knows me. And, he has been fixing stuff around the house since he was maybe 8 or 9 years old. Maybe I can get a little credit for giving him some hands-on training.

This is, of course, Passion Week, where we celebrate the sacrifice made by our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. It seems that often we hear mostly about the happy life one can find when they put their faith in Jesus and His finished work on The Cross. The price paid was costly, and following Jesus can also be a life where a cost must be paid. There was nothing easy about His death and burial. And, He gloriously rose up from the grave to demonstrate His once and for all victory over death, hell, and the grave. Amen. Our Bible study class is working through the inspired texts from Mark's Gospel. Mark hit the ground running in his demonstration of who Jesus is. God in human flesh. Miracle worker. Savior. Messiah. Lord. What a privilege we have to honor Him as we consider what He did on our behalf. This is great news. The even greater news is how He is still in the saving business today. May God use His truth to reach many during this time of reflection upon Jesus. Amen.  ...More later.

No comments: