Thursday, January 3, 2019

Somewhat discombobulated, but, I did show up to be counted this morning.

I wasn't able to get to my blog yesterday. We had out of town guests and I didn't climb the stairs to The Home Office. However, I am here today.

Good morning and welcome to Thursday, January 3, 2018. I have a confession to make, right off the bat. Although some 45 million Netflix accounts accessed a movie entitled Bird Box, I did not. Since this was the accounts, they further estimate that many were watched by more than one person. There you go. I suppose I should be glad that I no longer need to be able to discuss anything at the proverbial watercooler. I did look it up only to find out it is one of those horror oriented movies that I have zero interest in. Zero. Nada. As in, not now or ever. I'm not looking down on those who did watch it. They say the demand increased as people began to talk about it on social media. They can talk all they want to, I'm still not interested. I even saw a preacher on Facebook saying he decided he needed to watch it because so many of his people had done so. Really? I didn't watch any of the NFL games. Yep. I am still in boycott mode. By some accounts that makes me a racist. I don't think I am. But, when you don't do what others tell you to do they tend to label you. If it helps, the wife and I did watch a two hour Columbo movie on Sunday evening. (The star, the late Peter Falk's paternal grandparents, Louis, and Ida Falk were Russian Jewish immigrants. Peter's maternal grandfather, Peter Hochhauser, was a Hungarian Jew, and Peter's maternal grandmother, Rosa Heller, was a Czech Jewish immigrant from what was then Bohemia. This must prove I am not a racist. Just saying.) All of his Columbo shows are pretty unpredictably predictable, but, old people tend to like them, and we are them, therefore, I suppose we are in good company. (Too many commercials, but, it comes with the program.) I did watch the LSU football game Tuesday where they played in the Fiesta Bowl against the University of Central Florida (UCF). The final score: LSU 42 UCF 32.

I also noticed an important birthday anniversary this week. It's one well worth everyone taking a moment to recognize and appreciate. It's one connected to my home state of Louisiana. That is a good long run for a family owned and operated coffee company. And, as most of you are aware, I am committed daily to enbibing their product and doing all I can to keep them profitable. Happy Birthday, Community Coffee, and thank you for your long years of providing excellent coffee. You can quote me if you like. No need to call for permission.

I woke up this morning and realized it was still pouring and had been raining since yesterday before noon. We have water standing everywhere. They had predicted as much as 4 inches in some spots. I will be surprised if we are not in one of those spots. I know firsthand what that does to those who have to commute across the metroplex. Very treacherous. It can be that way even nearby. This much rain used to cause some across the road flooding on my route to the office. Since I went in early I had to be especially careful because visibility was typically very poor in these types of conditions. But, here I sit, at my computer, (once I got the internet up and working. it may have been waterlogged.), and I no longer have to do that commute, but, I do offer a prayer for those who are out there in it. I do hope you are off to a good start in 2019. We have mostly enjoyed good food and company but we do have things that need to be attended to as we continue our journey. Remember, God is with us, no matter what, always and forever, beginning and end of the story. Amen. ....More later.

No comments: