Monday, January 7, 2019

Happy 9th Birthday to our Madi-girl, (Madelyn Joy)!

Welcome back to my infinitely minuscule portion of the 'blogosphere', here on this Monday, January 7, 2018. Today is another important day in the life and times of our clan. It is the 9th birthday of our very first great-granddaughter, Madelyn Joy, or Madi-girl as we call her. (She is the first child of our first grandchild, Tiffany, which makes her the first grandchild of our eldest, Chris.) She carries her name well, Joy. And, she does bring it with her when she is with her great grands, MiMi and Poppy. We pray God's hand of protection and blessing on this child, in Jesus Name, Amen. Happy Birthday to our Madi-girl. We do hope you enjoy the card we sent. Our love, MiMi and Poppy.

Speaking of grandchildren, the other day I finished my walk at the mall and was catching my breath by sitting at one of the tables in the food court. Across the way, I saw a young woman who may have been in her late teens, and she was engrossed in conversation. The person she was talking to was her grandfather. She wasn't fiddling with her cell phone or other distractions, she appeared to be enjoying their conversation. I caught back up with them as I was leaving the mall. It was raining outside. She told her grandpaw to take the umbrella. She then pulled her jacket up over her head and they left to find their vehicle. Something about the respect and devotion she showed touched me and spoke to my heart. As they were in conversation I could tell he was so very proud to have that time with her. I thought of what God has told us about respecting our elders. The command to Israel from Leviticus, "Stand up in the presence of the elderly, and show respect for the aged. Fear your God. I am the Lord." (Chapter 19, Verse 32, as rendered in the New Living Translation, NLT.)

You do know that I am a noticer. In fact, that's what you find in my daily blogs, many of the things I notice as I make my way through life. I haven't always done everything the way I should. But, you knew that already, however, I am so very thankful that I not only learned but did my best to show love and respect to my elders. My grandparents. My parents. My in-laws. I'm certainly not bragging but so thankful that God allowed me to honor them while they were still with us. There were times when I should have done even more, but, God helped me to learn from those lapses. I could have but didn't leave the Houston area to visit my grandfather when he had surgery in Shreveport, Louisiana. My uncle was with him and assured me everything was okay. That evening, Paw Paw developed a blood clot and it went to his heart and he passed on to his reward. I wish I had gone. But, I learned. Sometime later, they called and told me Granny Mac was in the hospital in Beaumont for a procedure, I dropped everything at work, and drove over to be with her. Not learning new tricks, just being reminded of the blessings God had given me through the people He placed in my life. That young woman will never regret the time she spent on a rainy day talking forth and back with her grandfather. May God bless us all is my prayer. Amen. ....More later.

No comments: