Wednesday, December 13, 2017

I know I'm not hitting on all cylinders today. The problem is I can't do the math because I can't remember how many I had to begin with.

I did not order up a frozen start to this day, Wednesday, December 13, 2017. I thought it was supposed to be in the mid to higher thirties, but, while I'm no expert on the scientific details behind the weather, I do know that it has to reach at least 32 for it to freeze, and, I do know my windshield was frozen this morning. It wasn't frozen the other day when I had a five gallon bucket of snow on it. Oh well, the defroster finally kicked in and I am now here and ready to roll. We had a great time yesterday at the elementary school way out in the country. While it is literally way out in the country, may I tell you that obviously those in that district who have property way out in the country are doing quite well because that school is not only brand new but it is absolutely first rate in every aspect. I suppose that's what happens when urban flight is kicked up a notch. We were there for over four hours snapping photos for a Parent Teacher Organization fundraiser. Word got around that not only was Santa and Mrs. Claus in the building but Santa might just be the real deal, real beard and all that goes with it. On our way down the hall we were mobbed by a group of kids who wanted to touch my beard. I think they did well with their fundraising activity and I tip my Santa hat to all those who worked with us. You talk about an organizing challenge! Pulling together all the siblings for photos together, then getting just the students who had signed for photos from each class based on scheduling around their other activities like lunch, etc., well, they did a remarkable job of herding them in, taking the photos, and then getting them back to their proper location. The photo is of one family 'through the years' put up by their mom. This is the kind of repeat memory that causes us to be blessed all over again. Amen.

It looks like we are continuing the trend of upside down politics here in the land of the brave and home of the free. I think the fasten your seat belt sign came on some time ago, but, no one could have predicted the amount of turbulence we would be experiencing. Yes. I do believe we are living in a more coarse society than at any other time in recent history. I actually don't think President Trump is responsible for this precipitous decline. It's been slowly heading towards today's status for the past many years with vote after vote in our Congress and decision after decision in the courts. As the late preacher, Dr. J. Vernon MaGee would often say, "May I say this unto you." Turning away from God by directly and officially rejecting His established laws for His created human family will guarantee this type of godless environment. I am a believer, therefore, I do believe the Bible when it says, "The fool has said in his heart, there is no God." (Psalm 14:1) Our situation as a nation today reminds me of the nation of Israel during the days of the Prophet Malachi. When Malachi was sent by God, he came to his people and confronted them for their hypocritical and sinful ways. Their response? When did we ever do any of those things? They did them when they set aside God's laws and when they began to play games with His truths. Bingo! I think we all can begin to see why we are where we are and this includes us all, yes, including, me, myself and I. Wake up call! Amen.

One thing we, as believers, do not have to worry about is how all of this will eventually find its conclusion. God. Yep. God will make everything right in His own good time. I heard one commentator saying that a recent candidate was so out of touch and backward that he still believed the biblical definitions regarding human beings, their sexuality, and issues pertaining to the family. See what I mean? Out of touch and backward. We as a society may have moved past God's clear teachings on all issues pertaining to life in God's created world, but, it does not, I say again, it does not, change one iota of the truth. I might see it differently today. You might see it differently today. We may have changed over the years for any number of reasons. At the end of it all, regardless of what I think, you think, or what the world in general thinks, God's Word is true and He will vindicate His word and Himself in His own good time. Oh well, I must have thought the keyboard was a pulpit for today. I actually am not preaching at anyone other than us all. I include myself as well. Okay. Let's do our best to go forward by reclaiming those thought to be out of touch and backward truths that God has given to us. Take care and may God help us is my prayer. Amen. ....More later.

No comments: