Monday, December 18, 2017

A Colossal Day!

It's Monday, December 18, 2017. You know the routine by now. On this, the 2,711th time I have visited via my blog, I am proud to announce that once again, this is a HUGE day for us. It's our very first grandson's 21st birthday. Jimmy Jr. He is so very special to us and we thank God for him, his life, and his heart and character. He has not had an easy go of it, but, he, with God's help, is making it, one day at a time. We are so very proud of him. Happy Birthday Jimmy Jr., and may God continue to lead, guide, and direct your way. Amen. Our love, MiMi, and Poppy.

It's also the day where we recognize the birthday of our daughter-in-law Mitzi. Married to our youngest, Rodney, Mitzi is a tireless worker on behalf of her family. We thank God for her being in our family, for her being a good wife to our son, and for her love and devotion to our grandchildren. Happy Birthday Mitzi, and may God continue to bless. Amen. Our love, mom, and dad.

And, I suppose here's the biggie for the day since it does have a direct influence on the other two, it's the anniversary of the day we married some 53 years ago. We never brag about ourselves in this accomplishment because we know that we know that it is only by the grace of God. We thank Him for giving us the life we have shared together for this good long run. Marilyn is most definitely the wife of my youth, but, outside of my salvation, she is the greatest gift I have received from our Heavenly Father. I do thank Him for her. Every day. And, especially, on this special day for us. What a journey! I like to end my anniversary recognition with my same sentiment expressed each year, "Baby, you're the greatest!" Amen. ....More later.

No comments: