Monday, December 4, 2017

“Sunlight is the best disinfectant.” ― William O. Douglas

Good morning and welcome. I find myself seeking a moment of clarity as we continue the journey, here on this back-to-work Monday, December 4, 2017. Thanks for those who are praying for our Jimmy. He has his knee replacement surgery today. We are praying for the surgery itself and that his recovery would go well along with the results, in that it will help him to be able to function better. The photo above was shot by a friend. He actually shoots the picture through a large globe. He is a police officer in his day job, but, has been into photography for many years. The wife wanted some of these novelty shots so he was kind enough to come to our house one evening and make them. I do appreciate those who look out for us. The other day I got an email from a lady who had seen a flyer with my photo on it. She wanted to make certain it was a legitimate use. It was. It is being used to promote a fundraiser we will be doing at an elementary school next week. But, I'm glad she saw it and was kind enough to ask. You know. If you see something, say something. Just joking. Don't report me to the homeland overlords. Please. I am glad to report that we did make it through a grueling Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. I was able to attend our Sunday morning Bible study but as soon as it was finished I had to leave it to make our next appointment. We did get to see hundreds of children and we know we were able to help make some memories. That, my friend, is a blessing.

Okay. I occasionally do read our President's tweets. They are, for lack of a better word, incendiary. I'm not sure why he does them but many of them do seemingly tend to be needlessly provocative. Many say that's just who he is. Well, I'm not sorry I voted for him, but, only because of the alternative. I don't even want to think about where we would be had the other person been elected. I saw an interesting take on all the harassment charges flying all over the place. The Washington Post had an editorial that essentially said this. Because of the President's own past allegations, if you voted for him, then you are not allowed to comment on the charges against other politicians, especially those in the Democratic Party. I guess there is a threshold for this lady as to when a person can exercise their freedom of speech. I didn't vote for Donald Trump because I supported his personal background. I didn't support his nomination. However, I voted for him intentionally because it was either to do that, write in a name, or not vote at all. Yet, to be told that because of who I voted for I can't express an opinion on any matter that I might choose, well, to me there's something very un-American about that. But, that's the way some folks roll these days.

Not to even mention what all of this charge, counter charge avalanche has done to due process and the concept we hold dear, innocent until proven guilty. Let's face it, folks. We all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God. (Romans 3:23) We all stand in need of God's love, mercy, and grace. One of the sad outcomes that we see is how dominating the role of politics is in all of these cases. We hear of taxpayer-funded settlements over a period of years where the names of all involved have been protected. Did you get my point? Taxpayer-funded. If an elected official is accused and ends up paying a settlement to make the issue go away and that settlement is paid for by those who pay taxes, well, I'm not sure those should be able to be suppressed. I'm not even sure if they were paid for privately they should be able to be withheld from public scrutiny because if it is an elected official, then those who vote should be aware of those things that pertain to the one representing them. I am well aware that often the names have been withheld to protect those who made the charges. That I understand, but, surely we shouldn't be running clandestine payoffs within our elected government officials without having any awareness of what is going on. Things like this are why people think we should 'drain the swamp.' Oh well, I just wanted to throw out a few conversation starters for your day. Maybe one of them will give you something that will help get your blood pressure going strong. Or, maybe not. Take care. Don't forget to pray for those in our government. We are told to do that by God Himself. (1 Timothy 2:1-3)  Amen. ....More Later.

No comments: