Monday, February 27, 2017

Happy Birthday to our baby boy!

Today, Monday, February 27, 2017, we pause to recognize God's provision in giving us our baby buckaroo, Rodney, some 46 years ago today. He and his family typically go to the rodeo each year and it's rodeo time so I thought the cowboy motif would be appropriate. (Both of the photos involved attending the annual Houston Rodeo) We are thankful for him, his wife Mitzi, and their wonderful children, Kyleigh, Lexie, and Brady. Happy Birthday son and may God continue to bless, with love from your mom and dad. We add this cowboy prayer: "May your belly never grumble, your heart never ache, your horse never stumble, and your cinch never break."

Maybe it's that 'two shall become one flesh' deal, but, things for me are never the same when my better half is away from home. I think everyone knows by now that I need lots of supervision. That's not a new development. She helps to keep me, if not on track, at least somewhere on the road instead of being in the ditches. I've helped her, over the years, to develop her own unique head shake. I see her use it often. Someone comes up to her and either tells one on me or they ask her something about what I have done or said. There goes that head along with a particular grimacing smirk. You know what I am talking about. "If that don't beat all, but, all I can say is that after all these years I'm not sure I can do much about it." Just think how things would be if she wasn't around to do what she can to help keep me headed in the right direction. I don't even want to go there, my friend, too scary to even contemplate. However, she will be coming home this morning and the world sent me a note saying everything will then be back in order. I do love and appreciate my girl! In fact, when I wrote that last sentence I could hear in my mind's ear the wonderful harmonies from the Temptations singing their mega hit from 1965, "My Girl."

One of the things Facebook provides is a window into the collective viewpoints of countless special interest groups. Old people are constantly putting up things that pertain to their interests. Threats concerning their medical coverage, pension, and other types of information are daily themes being promulgated. Often the information is not reliable but it does get a lot of response. Another group might be parents with children discussing all the endless array of issues involved in family life. Teenagers are also trying to be heard amongst the many voices crying out. Political viewpoints dominate all age groups covering every conceivable persuasion. Religion. More postings each day than one can imagine, much less absorb. The Trump haters do their thing. The Trump lovers do their thing. The throw them all out group has their message. And, I've not even scratched the surface. For people I know and care about I used to try and help with some fact checking analysis of some of the more outrageous things posted. I've quit doing it because people don't like to be told what they posted has problems, especially factual problems. It's the old saying, "Don't confuse me with the facts." I mention this because it's good to enjoy the things you can while taking the rest of it with a grain of salt. In my opinion, based on the content I see every day, you will end up using a huge number of grains of salt. Just me. Sharing. Thanks for tuning in today and Lord willing I will see you next time. May God bless. Amen. ....More later.

No comments: