Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Conservative thinker, writer, and speaker Evan Sayet: "Anyone who isn't a lockstep leftist is confronted with an uncomfortable choice: think and be accused of bigotry and hate, or avoid it and be welcomed into the arms of the 'progressive' family."

I hear the faint sound of a drumroll in the distance beginning to intensify as I bid you a big ole howdy howdy for the 2,499th time. This is all happening on this day, Wednesday, February 8, 2017. None of us are immune from peer pressure which is nothing more than pressure coming from people within the group you associate or identify with. I read where the Superbowl halftime entertainer is catching all kinds of flack from her peers because she did not use that platform to blast President Trump. You see. They believe in freedoms, but, only if you conform to their ideas. I don't think I've ever seen a more vivid example of Groupthink than these folks on the left. Groupthink is just what you might imagine. It's where people decide as a group and no other independent voice is permitted. I'm not saying there's zero potential for the same kinds of influences in other persuasions and dogmas. However, it is, in my opinion, a ruling mantra within the leftist community. They actually believe they speak for all of America but they don't. The recent election proved that conclusively. A conservative speaker was recently invited to speak at a prominent California university. The left fiercely opposed that individual being allowed to speak. Here's their response: Destroy the campus, burn down businesses, and actually injure law abiding citizens. Why? Because while they support radical ideologies of all kinds, they will not permit a dissenting voice to be heard that stands in opposition to their enlightened viewpoint. They do this while hiding behind the protections provided to them by the blood of people they have disdain for. At the end of it all, they want it their way, or no way. Sad. That's all I can say folks. Sad. Very sad. May God help. Amen.

I know I'm intentionally making somewhat of a big deal out of the build up to tomorrow's 2,500th blog. I haven't even thought about what I might have to say in that milestone episode, therefore, I am somewhat interested in seeing it myself. Hopefully, it's not a type of self-promotion on my part. I know that most of us are full of ourselves and we all have that as a real life situation requiring effort and discipline if we are to control it. (My experience: Only with God's help.) I think I've been pretty consistent in saying throughout these many visits that I fully realize the trio that reflects my greatest obstacle in life: Me, myself, and I. They say one of the prominent characteristics of the Millennial generation is how these young folks blame others for any and all of their real or perceived problems, and that's not the end of it, they whine about it, incessantly. The family God placed me in has dealt with many tragedies, setbacks, and calamitous outcomes over the years. I'm sure these events had an impact on who I am. Yet, I came to realize a long time ago that bad things happen to nearly every family, and often worse things have happened to others. It will be a good day when these young folks come to see themselves in the mirror of life, take stock of who they are, and as a result, they assume personal responsibility for making the best of the life God has given to them. I know. Just a tad preachy today. With good intentions, I might add.

The other day I was out in the field for the company. I was visiting with a young Hispanic worker. He said he didn't watch the Superbowl because he just didn't understand American football. We talked some about the sport he loves, soccer. We talked some about age. I asked how old he thought I was. He said 47. Hispanics are either always overly polite or they don't have a clue about white bearded, white guys. He asked me to guess his age. I said 23. He nearly fell over because that was his exact age. (It was a guess. Only a guess. Let's face it. For the most part, they all look young to me.) He did mention he had heard about the cost of a ticket to the Superbowl. That was incredible to him. (I'm pretty sure some soccer fans have paid huge amounts for a match final.) I will take the forty-seven guess, just in case you were wondering. I would have taken that guess even from a blind person. Yep. His eyes did get big when I told him I was north of three score and ten. (I used the actual number since we were having some trouble communicating with each other.) I know you are waiting for the reason I shared this. Here it comes. When I got ready to leave I did a schoolboy jump up into the truck. The power of 47. It works every time. Enjoy the rest of your day and may our Great God add His blessings to each one. Amen. ....More later.

No comments: