Thursday, January 12, 2017

Think about it: It's always a good day when you dwell on the truth of how much God loves you. Amen.

Good morning. It's Thursday, January 12, 2017. I do hope that your day will go well. I hope mine does as well. I will be out of commission for several hours taking care of the colon exam procedure this morning. If all goes well I will be sent home to recover there. And to eat some food. That's right. Food. I've had no solid food since Tuesday evening. You what? You've seen me and you don't think I am in danger of starving? Thanks for that vote of confidence. I was happy to see clear coffee on the list of things I could ingest. Clear for them means no milk or creamer. Clear for me means Community, hot, black and strong. But, you knew that already. When I read the instructions to the wife, she opined, "Are you sure that's a good idea for a diabetic?" I then remembered my admonition to her regarding her back injury. Good clubbers always follow instructions. At any rate, I do hope to be back in my regular spot or time slot, if you will, tomorrow morning.

The wife has been hinting that maybe I should do a major cutback on my beard. I used to do that at the end of each season but over the last couple of years I've kind of grown attached to it being attached to me. I've done some trimming but nothing as dramatic as the fellow in the picture. I am thinking about it. I can't remember the subject but she told me the other evening, "You have to be the greatest procrastinator of all time." To think that I might have a shot at the hall of fame. Very humbling folks, very humbling indeed. Some people live their entire lives and never figure out what they are great at. Not me. I have been consistently recognized in that particular category. I did see one graphic that had this proclamation, "I put the pro in procrastination." I don't think they had a T-Shirt. Maybe I should look into that. I will think about it. Soon. Someday. Not today. I'm busy. I think most of you know exactly where I'm coming from. On second thought, don't try to identify with me. I wouldn't wish that on anyone. Have a great day and may God bless us, one and all. Amen. ....More later.

No comments: