Wednesday, January 11, 2017

"Advice: Never agree to plastic surgery if the doctor's office is full of portraits by Picasso." ~ copied

It's been five years already? That's right. Today is preparation day. Not something I would wish on anyone. However, it is a part of the process. I have a colonoscopy scheduled for in the morning. For anyone who has had this done, enough said. I've researched this procedure to see what others do throughout the world. I mentioned to our gastroenterologist how they are using an ultrasound scan approach in the UK that does not require the preparation. She looked at me and explained how that I have a history of polyps, therefore, wouldn't it be best to take care of it all at the same time instead of scheduling multiple procedures. I guess that's why they go to school for so many years because they always seem to have an answer. At any rate, many hours of preparation tonight is what I have on my agenda for this day, Wednesday, January 11, 2017. We were watching some real-time emergency room shows on TV the other evening. These can be graphic enough that I occasionally have to turn my head. One of the ER nurses became a patient in one episode. She had hurt her neck in an accident. She typically is the one in charge. Suddenly, we see this scared young lady having to deal with her own frailty as a part of the human family. As a result of the injury she sustained, she was actually in a hard neck collar and off from work for three months. This reminded me of how we at times put certain folks in the superhero category when they, just like us, are people too. I will say that I was a wee bit surprised that she didn't handle her own injury as well as I would have thought a top notch nursing professional might. However, she is, after all is said and done, a human being, in need of God's grace, just like every single other person on the planet. Amen.

I don't have one yet. The professional Santas continue to post their single most memorable moment from this just concluded season. I've not come up with one yet, but, I think for me it's because there were so many. It's like when people ask what my favorite Bible verse is. I don't have a favorite. There are too many to choose from. I did adopt the 119th Psalm, Verse 105, as my life verse: "Your word is a lamp to my feet And a light to my path." (New King James Version) I don't remember the circumstances, but, everyone was giving out their life verses and that one came to my mind. I did, however, order up some Christmas bells for Mrs. Claus to use in announcing our arrival. These dudes are heavy duty and they are loud. We have a few venues where this will be a novelty and I think it will be well received. Plus, they were on sale at 50% off. Come to think about it, that may have had more to do with it than anything else. At least they will know when we have arrived.

I've mentioned many times about this little winding road that leads to my workplace each day. The Friday before Christmas I had business to take care of here but someone had knocked a light pole down. The other day I had eight deer cross in front of me. On Monday of this week, one of the fellows here in our office hit a deer on his way in. It messed up his front bumper. Yesterday we had a big wreck right in front of our entrance. A teenaged boy decided to pass a lady in a curve at a high rate of speed. His pickup fishtailed on him, hit the other car, causing the lady to wreck into a pole. Another pole! He then swerved and hit the fence to our property. The lady's car was demolished. Only by the grace of God that no one was seriously injured. The light pole was damaged beyond repair. No power. Again. We ended up sending some 25 of our workers home. We lost a full day of production. This all happened at 7:15 a.m. and we got power back at 2 p.m. The police officer on the scene told one of our guys that people need to recognize there's a very good reason the speed limit on that road is 40 miles per hour. I saw the young man who had caused all the calamity. His girlfriend had showed up. His mom had showed up. The three of them stood there. His look was very appropriate for the road he was standing on. You probably guessed it. He looked like a deer caught in the headlights. Just another day in the neighborhood and a good reminder for us all to be careful, especially if you come down the road I'm talking about. Have a great rest of the day and may God bless each one. Amen. ....More later.

No comments: