Friday, January 6, 2017

Happy Birthday Madelyn Joy!

Happy Friday to each one as we embrace another day of this first week of the new year, this day being, January 6, 2017. Tomorrow our great and grand Madelyn Joy, (Madi-Girl), will celebrate her 7th birthday. During the Christmas season, we tried to get together with her so she could get an annual photo with the real Santa but we were not able to make that happen. She did get one taken at the big box store with another fellow. I couldn't tolerate that, so, when I made her birthday card I worked on the photo a little and while it isn't perfect, it suits me a whole lot more now that we have the right Santa's face on board. I think her great grand MiMi's response was, "Really? You actually put your face on that photo?" Yep. I sure did and I'm not in the least bit sorry for having done it. Our Madi is a special child and we thank God for her. We know she will have a great birthday celebration and we do send our love to her. Happy Birthday Sweetie and may God continue to bless. Amen. Love, Great Grands, MiMi and Poppy.

Our niece Marybeth, (a nurse), mom's granddaughter helping her get settled at the rehab facility.
Lord willing, I will be making my way back over to Louisiana to visit mom and dad tomorrow. She has made good progress and has now been moved to a 24 hour rehab facility. She will likely be there for a couple of weeks. We have so many of our kin who have stepped up to try and help out during mom's recovery. The three of us kids are not close, but, we've had our nieces, mom's grandchildren, carrying the load in helping to get them through this process. They have gone out of their way and I know God will bless them for their demonstrated caring and support. There has also been a steady stream of visitors from many other family members, friends, Church brothers and sisters, and others. While in the hospital they were about 1-1/2 hours away from their home place, yet, folks took the time to drive over and check on them, and many prayed with them before they left. I'm humbled by this outpouring of support and so very thankful to God. Please continue to pray for mom, and dad, as they take it all, one day at a time. Amen.

Family makes a difference, it really does!
I've done my best to stay in touch. I have typically talked with dad several times a day. I've also been able to visit with mom on the telephone. Those helping out have done a great job keeping everyone updated on the details via texting and Facebook messaging. Her surgery was last Sunday morning and on Wednesday afternoon they moved her to the rehab facility in Leesville, Louisiana. At 92.5 years and counting, I say that is a remarkable recovery and one that we give God the credit for, the thanks for, and all the glory. Amen and Amen. Many people often tell me they believe I might just hang around for a whole lot of years because of the example of my mom. I pretty much believe she is a very exceptional case and I don't have any of those expectations. On the other hand, we all know that God will determine that outcome, therefore, I trust His decision. It will be the right one. One thing I do know is how our family, far-flung as we are, scattered here, there, and everywhere, well, we all come together whenever there's a situation like the one involving mom. There's something comforting about that. You know. The feeling you get at the end of the Andy Griffith show when everything works out okay for the good folks of Mayberry. Very blessed folks, very blessed, indeed! Now it is on with the plan. I do hope you enjoy your NFL playoff weekend, two games on Saturday, and then after you get home from worship services at the meeting place you can see the other two games on Sunday afternoon. That should be enough football to last us until the next weekend. Oh, wait a minute, we have the college championship next week. Take care and may God bless each one. Amen. ....More later.

No comments: