Friday, January 13, 2017

Thanks from our entire family to each one praying for mom.

Mom eating her lunch this past Wednesday. Thanks to niece Angela for the photo.
Okay. I'm reporting to you live and in person. I've never really quite grasped the exact meaning of that phrase. I suppose you could be live but not in person, but, I've never got hold of what that might look like. I am, however, glad to report that I am back here on this Friday, January 13, 2017. Here's a brief update on my mom. One day she seems to be in really good spirits. The next, not so much. I think this will be the profile as she works through this recovery and rehabilitation process. Our large blended family is united in our thankfulness for those working with mom, those praying for mom, and for those who are making the effort to visit her. When I mention to her about how many people from near and far who are joining in prayer on her behalf, she always says, "Remind them to pray that God's will would be done." Dad continues to travel forth and back. He is now bringing her some of her favorite food from various places. This is a big step forward since she has not been able to eat much from the meals they provide at the rehab hospital. She knows what she likes and he does too. When I told him the nurse said he could bring food in, he said, "Good. She will have her favorite fried chicken strips from Dairy Queen tonight." (She told me she had heard a lot about that photo and wanted me to know that she must look a whole lot better than she feels. She says it really hurts for her to try and walk.) Thanks again for remembering her in your prayers.   Amen.


I did get the best report I've ever received from my colon examination. For the first time ever there were no polyps to remove. The doctor said the results were textbook. That stuff they inject into your IV is pretty amazing. One second I am looking at my vitals on the little monitor and the next thing I know they are asking how I feel. At any rate, I am so very grateful for that report. I do plan, Lord willing, to head over to Louisiana to visit mom tomorrow. It's a pretty long turnaround but it is the least I can do to show my love and respect for her. The wife is heartsick because of her not being able to go with me. She is still in the throes of recovering from her back fracture. One day I think she is making progress and the next she is again dealing with a lot of pain and discomfort. They did say it would be a long haul for her full recovery. I try to remind her every day that she needs to take it easy. On most days the cry of the urgent keeps her from being able to do that very thing.

For some reason, the blogging utility program I use to prepare these daily visits has decided to be ornery today. You would almost think it's a Friday the 13th kind of situation. I say do this and it decides to do what it well pleases. I decided to use that doctor cow cartoon but it decided that it wouldn't put it where I wanted it. I finally wrestled it down, but, it does make my life a little complicated if you know what I mean. We have our Church Class (Truth Seekers) Christmas party scheduled for this evening. We are the older people in our local fellowship and we began doing it like this several years ago. Yes, we do embrace the Christmas party theme. We always have a great time of fellowship, food, and fun. I am so thankful for these brothers and sisters who are just that, true brothers and sisters. I believe that is what God intended when He established His ordained called out assembly or local individual Church as we call it today. Our connectedness is well illustrated in the song lyrics written by Gloria Gaither, with music by her husband Bill, in this beautiful tune, 'The Family of God'. Here are some of the words I thought about, "You will notice we say "brother and sister" 'round here, It's because we're a family and these are so near; When one has a heartache, we all share the tears, And rejoice in each victory in this family so dear. I'm so glad I'm a part of the Family of God, I've been washed in the fountain, cleansed by His blood! Joint heirs with Jesus as we travel this sod, For I'm part of the family, The Family of God." Those thoughts are a great way to end this week's visits. Take care, and I will do my best, with God's help, to see you on this same station next week. May God bless. Amen. ....More later.

No comments: