Thursday, October 8, 2015

“A great photograph is one that fully expresses what one feels, in the deepest sense, about what is being photographed.” ~ Ansel Adams

Good morning class and welcome. Today is Thursday, October 8, 2015 and I want to do something today that I haven't done in a while. Most of you will have no trouble catching the fact that I am an image driven person. Typically that is from a visual standpoint as well as in my writing. Images. They can be powerful folks, very powerful. Here's one I liked:


Father and son 1949. Father and son 2009. Yes. I noticed the dog too. I suppose that particular shot speaks to me for many reasons but my how it communicates a message. Here's another one:


That shot is of a Brazilian boy and his fellow students playing at the funeral of their violin teacher. It reminded me of how important teachers have been in my life. The way it works with a really vivid image is not much more needs to be said. Then we have this one, an all too familiar scene:


I'll not add my thoughts and opinions on sending our moms into battle. I'll save that one for another day. However, no one can miss the tenderness of this reunion. Very moving. Very emotional. And, very telling since so many who wear the uniform of our nation are deployed around the globe. Many in harm's way. I dearly love looking at images, illustrations, paintings, sketches, photographs, and other representations that communicate life. It's amazing how we can get so much out of a single image. God designed us in a remarkable way. I thank Him for that. Take care and I'll be seeing you in all the familiar places come tomorrow morning. Lord willing. But you knew that. May He continue to bless. Amen. .....More later.

No comments: