Wednesday, May 6, 2015

"If it is ever right to do God's will, then it is right to do it - today!" Quote from a printed Bible Study, www.netbiblestudy.com

It's still very early but so far it's a good day here at the old blogger ranch and I send out a big ole howdy to everyone tuned in today's episode, on this Wednesday, May 6, 2014. I suppose most of us have stuff we need to work on all the time. There's always something. Right? I was really on track to hit my target on my weight but something happened on the way and I'm pretty much restarting again. I really thought I could make more progress on my diabetic blood glucose numbers, and, on some days I do quite well. On others, I think seriously about seeing how far I can throw my testing equipment. Then we have our attitude and the testimony and influence we want to have on others. It's certainly not just our actions, it also has to do with our reactions. It's a struggle to make progress in this old life, but, we have God to help us as we deal with the obstacles we face. Just recently I heard someone talking about seeking the Lord's leadership in a matter that some might think to be trivial. They wanted to be sure so they sought God's will. Guess what? God used a specific circumstance to answer their question. Now that's something we all can learn from. Take it all: small, medium, and large to the Lord. What was that I said last week? There's always tomorrow, but in my case, maybe I need to look more at 'today'. What say you?

Our government drops the ball a lot folks. They knew about the Boston boys who did the bombing. They had their suspicions. They were following up, but, the investigation faltered because of the bureaucratic maze that exists between all the variety of agencies involved. Our government knew about the Garland shooters. One in particular had been on their radar screen before. They knew that he was radicalized but because of how it was all handled he remained free and available to do his dastardly deed. I fully realize that freedom in and of itself provides situations where bad people can do bad things. However, it is galling to me that we spend billions upon billions and when something does happen we discover all this ineptitude at work within the so called elite agencies who supposedly are there to protect us. The Fort Hood shooter showed signs but not enough was done beforehand. Chain of command, protocols, procedure, and the process itself stood in the way of doing what should have been done. My very small amount of insight having worked for the USAF, the Veteran's Administration, and the US Army, tells me not how hard it is for things to be dropped, but, how easy. I'm not an alarmist but doesn't these kinds of things, time and time again, begin to make us all wonder? Pretty scary if you ask me. You didn't but I shared it anyway.

My wife sent me a note the other day saying she has no clue how my mind works. She said when she reads my blog she gets the idea that if you don't like one subject, move on because Lord only knows what is coming up in the next paragraph. Thanks. I think. She might not know how my mind works but she does know me. I think sometimes I was stuck with one of those kaleidoscope thingies in my head. It also gives me an opportunity to throw out one of my favorite words as a possible explanation. Discombobulated. Back to my theme for today. If we have something to do that will serve the Lord and help others, it would be best for us to busy ourselves in the doing of it. Today. It may be a word of encouragement or testimony. It may be a phone call or visit to comfort someone hurting. It may be a random act of kindness. Making His will our priority will change our thinking along with our sense of urgency. Okay. That should do it for today. I pray that God will provide for us all as we continue our journey here. Amen. ....More later. 

No comments: