Monday, May 11, 2015

“A certain man once lost a diamond cuff-link in the wide blue sea, and twenty years later, on the exact day, a Friday apparently, he was eating a large fish - but there was no diamond inside. That’s what I like about coincidence.” ― Vladimir Nabokov

Good morning. Welcome back. Let's see what we can stir up for you on this Monday, May 11, 2015. I want to send a shout out to whoever it was that spoke to the traffic coordinator on my little route. After writing about it, they must have gotten the message because on my very next commute I came through with flying colors. It was like they were all afraid of me. I might have even sensed them bowing down to me. Not one stop. Not even one. That is, except for that last left turn. And, he didn't mess around in getting me a green light. That's what I'm talking about! What's that? You think what? It all might be purely coincidental? That's a good one. Keep thinking that Bucko and you might end up not letting things bother you so much. We do all love a good little gloating story now and then. Right? I worked with a big fellow one time who loved his ice cream. He always bought two scoops at the same place. One day he went in and the two young guys began to argue about whose turn it was to wait on the next customer. After way too long one of them finally came over. My co-worker reached and grabbed him and shook him real good. He told the workers there that when they saw his car turning in they had better have the scooper ready to go. They both were shaking. Next time he came for his afternoon treat he turned into the parking lot. To his surprise, one of the fellows ran to the door and held it open and the other already had his cone prepared. Whoever spoke to that traffic fellow, thanks. Tell them to keep up the good work.

Tax payer funded training that included teaching IRS employees how to line dance.
No. I am not this foolish most of the time. I just play like I'm one of those types occasionally when I write. Thanks for noticing. Well, we just found out what happens when you work for the IRS and you cheat on your taxes as well as not paying your taxes. You get promoted and you get an annual bonus. A recent report from the auditing arm of the government indicated serious issues with IRS employees who are delinquent in paying their taxes. The interim commissioner promised Congress to improve things. However, he is the only one at the IRS who can keep an employee from being fired for cheating or not paying their taxes. He exercised that option many times and even went further by promoting the cheats or granting them a bonus. I well remember seeing him being interviewed at a congressional oversight hearing. Because of confidentiality, he, of course, could not discuss individual cases. That's the old circular logic runaround. The law will not allow me to talk about the lawlessness in my own department. Is there any wonder why people who work hard and try to live by the rules are fed up? You don't have to take my word on this matter. Look it up. Read it for yourself so you can join the rest of us who are fit to be tied!

Well, we all can sleep better at night knowing the months delayed $5 million dollar investigation into the use of deflated footballs in the NFL has now been published. It doesn't come right out and say New England and Tom Brady also known as Tom Terrific were caught directly cheating but it does say the preponderance of the evidence indicates that is exactly what happened. This has caused an uproar throughout the fruited plain. It was a clear violation of a printed NFL rule. People who like Tom Brady and the Patriots think the whole situation is nothing more than an absurd example of idiocy. Those on the other side think he should do time at Gitmo for his crimes against humanity. While most of it is silly here's something that is troubling to me. So many callers I've heard on sports radio have related how they were taught to cheat as little kids playing in competitive games. This was done by their coaches who often were supposedly the role models in their communities. That to me is saddest of all. I never experienced that as a kid playing baseball but then again I was in a small town and maybe we had not learned all those neat tricks yet. What have we learned today? Society in general is a mess folks unless you missed it. Take care and may God watch over us all is my prayer. Amen. ....More later.

No comments: